NFL Play-offs!

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
rutland1
Board Meister

Re: NFL Play-offs!

Post by rutland1 »

That was me last weekend going 1 for 4, but was very happy with the Seattle win. This week I'm picking better, but still want the most important team to win (Seattle). I hope we have 2 more entertaining games today.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

go hawks !
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Just looked into the game I'm not happy with the score......... have not watched any of the game.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Great games yesterday. Ravens deserved the win but there were more than a couple of big time “oops” on the part of the Broncos. Yes, Manning threw an interception in overtime, but for a few reasons that game should never have gone into overtime. Twice blown coverage led to easy touchdowns, and with 36 seconds and two time outs left in a game like that with a billion dollar quarterback and you kneel with the ball to run out the clock???? Two quick positive plays and a field goal before the gun would have won the game. Oh well – Denver blew that game big time and ravens win.

San Francisco, and Kappernick looked great yesterday (that kid can throw and run)

The Falcons looking great right now ( 20 nothing at the half ) – they are manhandling the Seahawks.

(eta: Hawks just scored a touchdown to open the second half)

I’m going to cheer for Houston in the late game and see if I can go 0 for 4 in my picks.

Go Texans !!! :cheerleader:

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Good game, the outcome sucks.

Why mess with perfect record of 0 for 3, let see if Texans can make it 0 for 4. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Hats off to the Seahawks!!! Valiant comeback attempt (turning out yet another very exciting game).

So, I’m 0 for 3 for this weekend so far.
If the Texans win I’ll be 0 for 4 for the weekend.
If the Patriots win I’ll 1 for 4 for the weekend and 4 for 4 for the playoffs so far.

See what I mean though? The Seahawks went ahead with 31 seconds left on the clock and the Falcons completed two pass plays after that to get in field goal range and win the game.

The Broncos had 36 seconds left and kneeled after the snap to run out the clock deciding to concede to overtime. Overtime can almost be won or lost by the coin toss for cripes sake. The Broncos have one of the most expensive quarterbacks in the NFL and they didn’t think of trying to get close enough for a game winning field goal attempt?

Sorry - Broncos deserved to lose that game.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

steven lloyd wrote:Hats off to the Seahawks!!! Valiant comeback attempt (turning out yet another very exciting game).

So, I’m 0 for 3 for this weekend so far.
If the Texans win I’ll be 0 for 4 for the weekend.
If the Patriots win I’ll 1 for 4 for the weekend and 4 for 4 for the playoffs so far.

See what I mean though? The Seahawks went ahead with 31 seconds left on the clock and the Falcons completed two pass plays after that to get in field goal range and win the game.

The Broncos had 36 seconds left and kneeled after the snap to run out the clock deciding to concede to overtime. Overtime can almost be won or lost by the coin toss for cripes sake. The Broncos have one of the most expensive quarterbacks in the NFL and they didn’t think of trying to get close enough for a game winning field goal attempt?

Sorry - Broncos deserved to lose that game.

I have to remember to go opposite to my gut feeling, if I had done that I'd be 3 for 3.......... damn gut. :dyinglaughing:
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: I have to remember to go opposite to my gut feeling, if I had done that I'd be 3 for 3.......... damn gut. :dyinglaughing:

Ya, if you want to make money bet opposite my picks.

ETA: For the record, the Patriots are a great team and a great organization – from the owner and coaching staff down. They have star talent (eg. Brady, Welker, etc.) and play well as a team. They are going to be very difficult to beat.

My only reason for cheering for the Texans (besides achieving a perfect 0 and 4 record for the weekend) is that it is almost predictable to see the Patriots in the Superbowl – again (winning three of the seven times they’ve been there).

Oh well, here we go with kickoff ...
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Seattle sure made a game of it. Atlanta showed alot of weaknesses in 2nd half. I think San Fransisco will have their way with them.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

rutland1 wrote: I think San Fransisco will have their way with them.

Ya, I'll take San Francisco over Atlanta. But the real question now is – who’s going to beat these guys ?

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So underdogs next week for me:

Ravens over Patriots
49'ers over Falcons

SuperBowl prediction has changed to Ravens vs 49'ers....... the way my predictions have gone so far it will be Patriots vs Falcons............ :dyinglaughing:

Excellent weekend of football
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote: Excellent weekend of football

Indeed it was. However, as much as I like to see the underdogs win I will not be picking the Ravens to defeat the Patriots. Defensive miscues and poor coaching by the Broncos is the only reason the Ravens are going to be playing next weekend. The Patriots have a ferocious rush to the ball defense and don't have poor coaching.

p.s. they also have an offense capable of regularly putting 40 plus points on the board – even against tough defenses.
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Patriots and 49ers in the Super Bowl. Randy Moss sure would be pumped for that showdown. I actually seen his last game in Miami as a Patriot.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

rutland1 wrote: Patriots and 49ers in the Super Bowl.

Agreed. I'll wait to see how strongly each team plays next weekend but suspect it will be the Patriots taking it all.

rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

The Patriots are a machine, even without Gronkowski.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”