Workin' Out

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Workin' Out

Post by kgcayenne »

OMG
Time change.
OMG
Fatigue
Still did it
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

:134: Bravo KG!

That condition gone/quiescent?
I haven't failed until I quit.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

So I did a little research on what and when to eat and what I gather is - complex carbs (whole wheats and veggies take longer to convert to sugars while simple carbs like white pasta and bread convert quickly and spike sugar levels) are fuel for the body while protein builds muscle. a light snack an hour before working out is a good idea, a bagel and banana type of idea.

Pushed a 4k run yesterday and my knees hurt today, love it, that means progress. Had my heart rate at 120 + for an hour and fifteen, a seriously good workout yesterday. I feel great after these type of workouts. Our bodies are just like cars, If we don't keep up with regular maintenance they break down. Keep up the good work you guys.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Lady tehMa wrote::134: Bravo KG!

That condition gone/quiescent?

The condition comes and goes. I get little warning pinches to tell me when I need to back off a wee bit. The first 30 mins are fine, but it's the last interval when toes begin to numb that I do what I call 'wimp walks'.

Thanks Lady tehMa!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

kgcayenne wrote:
The condition comes and goes. I get little warning pinches to tell me when I need to back off a wee bit. The first 30 mins are fine, but it's the last interval when toes begin to numb that I do what I call 'wimp walks'.

Thanks Lady tehMa!

You're not being a wimp if you're listening to your body's limitations, you're being prudent. There is a fine line between pushing and pushing too hard; not learning to find that line leads to injuries and re-injuries. There is the pain that comes with building the healthy body, and then there is the pain where your body is saying "back off or injury time". Best friend is having a time with that right now - she had abdominal surgery and has just been cleared to work out again. She wants to build up her core, but her head remembers what her body used to be able to do and her body keeps saying "yeah, but hello - major surgery?". If she damages herself she'll be out healing for months - better to take it slow and sure. Last thing you want is to be missing out on running in this weather because you pushed too hard.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Gimp walks?

(Humour is a coping mechanism for me)
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

kgcayenne wrote:Gimp walks?

(Humour is a coping mechanism for me)

:coffeecanuck:

I'd say that works XD

Hey, does anyone know if you need a rest day when you're focusing on low and moderate cardio? (Though the zumba class I had tonight was pretty close to the higher end).
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Weights tonight, followed by a lite dinner.

Sick of starting over?
Stop giving up
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

some times it is hard to get started But it feels so good when your done :smt023
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Rode into work yesterday. good fun getting covered in snow and slush! Makes the feeling when your done that much better!!
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

gman313 wrote:Rode into work yesterday. good fun getting covered in snow and slush! Makes the feeling when your done that much better!!

You my friend are dedicated, that is awesome.

Workout Wednesday.
Do it
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Lady tehMa wrote:yes, I'll be in "zombie mode" for about a week. I have no idea why offsetting my natural rhythms by an hour does this, but it does. Both ways.

Tonight is a class called "Ab Solution & Bottom Line". If I have enough energy after that I'll think about zumba. The zumba instruction we have is a very petite lady from Peru, she's a firecracker and one of the easiest to follow I've ever had. I really enjoyed the class she taught yesterday. The yoga instructor was pretty neat too, they have more than one yoga instructor. One set of classes is co-taught by two ladies, the other (the one I did yesterday) is taught by an older lady who is also a personal trainer. Both classes are quite good (from a beginner's viewpoint).

Where are you going?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I upped my resistance on cardio today and my weight on the circuit. I'm trying not to overdo it and find balance but it was time to challenge myself more physically and mentally.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

gardengirl wrote:
Where are you going?

At the moment I'm at The Women's Place. Yoga stretch was tonight, a class I really need. I have very stiff and inflexible muscles. This class had them pinging like a sub being closed in on by enemy torpedos. But in a good way. I have never been able to touch my toes on a consistant basis - that is on of my small goals.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

On the yoga note.....

I ride a bike everyday and am getting in good shape but i am very NOT flexible, really bad. I will get hurt eventually.

What is the best type of yoga or other program for increasing flexiblity? Downtown area ideally

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”