Workin' Out

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Workin Out

Post by xjeepguy »

Fixer 166 wrote:
What did you do today

I walked across the lease , talked to the consultant and walked back to my truck .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Awesome you guys!!
Walking counts XJ.

Three sets of 20 with the free weights, (after moving) lastnight.
Push-ups, bench, crunchs, reverse crunchs, arm curls to overhead lift, and squats.

Pain is weakness leaving
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Zumba last night was a riot, sure is a blast trying to move the body like the instructor moves hers :dyinglaughing: I'm not close yet, but I'm getting there. Today is a low impact day, doing some walking and will make time to do some core work on the exercise ball.

I have fibromyalgia and it can get in the way of my exercise if I'm too enthusiastic :-X I want to work back up to Tabata-style workouts again though, I miss being in good physical shape.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

If there's time for Castanet, there's time for a workout. 15mins is all you need.

Cardio day here.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Tomorrow is a long run. I had an unfortunate back injury a few years ago and am finally able to ramp it up. We'll see if Ski 2 Sea is in the future after I try the route in two weeks.

Running seems to be fine, but weights bring on the pinch feeling in the sciatic.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I ride my bike from downtown to the airport 5 times per week. It's great. 25-30km riding each day and i only get home 15 minutes later than I would driving. Save 200/month in gas, set aside 50/month for bike maintenance and the rest goes into the fun fund!

I challenge everybody to GET MOVING!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Checking out a new gym today, best friend and I are trying to get her mom active. Mom won't go alone, so we'll be taking classes with her. Wish us luck, she hasn't been active EVER. After having her back out in a major way she is finally seeing that maybe exercise is a necessity, not a luxury - we have to get her in there and hooked before she forgets how much pain she was in. We check out the gym today, get some advice from the folks there and then drag her in as soon as possible.

And because I didn't renew at the other gym and am between places; today will be upper body isolations online with Datura.com (and trust me, those are HARD).
I haven't failed until I quit.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Fixer 166 wrote:If there's time for Castanet, there's time for a workout. 15mins is all you need.

Cardio day here.

I'll be keeping an eye on the classifieds in 3 months , thats when you will get bored and sell off all the new gym stuff you just bought :dyinglaughing:
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Well I've had a gym in the house for 10+ yrs and used it on and off since so don't hold your breath. Been through a couple recumbent bikes and now have a universal weight machine, an elliptical, a stair climber, a punching bag and free weights. With getting on I've recently decided that now is the time to really get serious and make it a lifestyle. Only support here bud, thanks for yours.

Weights and a shake for breakfast.

Abs are made in the kitchen, what you eat has as much impact as what you do.
:sunshine:
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

I bought a total gym, in about 1995. Great machine because of its ability to stretch injured parts of your body.

I've replaced the cables on it four or five times , had to change the pulleys once and now finally the bearings on the sliding table have failed. but for 18 years what would you expect.

I wore out three or four cheap exercise bikes before I got my elliptical.
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Fixer 166 wrote:. Only support here bud, thanks for yours.

I was only teasing ya man . I've been on site for 30+ days now , its time to head home when I start offending the miners :D
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

I know Dude, just putting it out there, enjoy days off.

Sunday is NOT a day of rest.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Weights tonight

Today is your day, don't let it pass you by.
mee-mo87
Board Meister

Re: Workin' Out

Post by mee-mo87 »

Mountain Climbers, squats and some push ups to start the morning. Feels good :) I would rather be working out than working right now... Too nice of a morning to be stuck in an office.

Enjoy your workout today :sunshine:
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Lady tehMa wrote:
Eating well affects your workout, as does eating poorly and forgetting to eat.

Yes, I notice this, makes a significant difference. Anyone know the rule of thumb of what and when we should be eating before a workout?

I walk 1 km to the gym, run 2+km on treadmill (turns out I no longer scoff at them, they're fantastic to maintain consistant speed and rate), lift weights for 45 min then walk the 1km home every second day.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”