Major League Soccer

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Major League Soccer

Post by GordonH »

So a tie (just not 0-0 draw, if that happens Seattle wins) or a win and Vancouver moves on to next round.

i.e
if Vancouver scores 1 goal for them to lose Seattle would have to score 2 goals.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Toronto FC are off to MLS finals, with 1 to 0 win over Columbus.

It most likely be a rematch of last years final.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

What a game that was! Congrats to Toronto on winning the MLS Cup. With how good Seattle's goalkeepers (Frei) was playing didn't think Toronto would find back of the net.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:What a game that was! Congrats to Toronto on winning the MLS Cup. With how good Seattle's goalkeepers (Frei) was playing didn't think Toronto would find back of the net.

Toronto is on a bit of a roll, its just wait and see if Raptors & Maple Leafs can make a run for their Cups.

Congratulation Toronto FC

Added: knowing who the Yankees have traded for.... Blue Jays chances just fell off the map.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Toronto FC has a chance to do something only 2 other teams outside of Central & South America have done.
That is win Concacaf Champions League, game 2 is tomorrow night.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:Toronto FC has a chance to do something only 2 other teams outside of Central & South America have done.

A Mexican team has won it every single year and they are considered part of North America.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Toronto FC has a chance to do something only 2 other teams outside of Central & South America have done.

johnny24 wrote:A Mexican team has won it every single year and they are considered part of North America.

Not exactly
Take a look at who won in these years 1998 & 2000

Also take look prior to 2005, the other countries who have won it.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:

johnny24 wrote:A Mexican team has won it every single year and they are considered part of North America.

Not exactly
Take a look at who won in these years 1998 & 2000

Also take look prior to 2005, the other countries who have won it.

CONCACAF Champions League tournament has only been played since 2008. Mexico has been part of North America much longer.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

johnny24 wrote:CONCACAF Champions League tournament has only been played since 2008. Mexico has been part of North America much longer.

Interesting, then what are those since 1962.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C ... gue_finals

Added later: if look threw each year you will find teams for Canada & US involved, they did not get very far
First Canadian Club to be at Concacaf was in 1975 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_White_Eagles_FC
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:
Interesting, then what are those since 1962.

Right from your own link, they played for the Champion's Cup from 1962-2008.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Interesting, then what are those since 1962.

johnny24 wrote:Right from your own link, they played for the Champion's Cup from 1962-2008.

Same thing small name change all the same countries are involved & it still CONCACAF.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

Congratulation to this very talented 17 year old, on his deal with Bayern Munich. :up: :up:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/23 ... or-BC-star

He is one of bright spots in otherwise so-so Vancouver Whitecap team.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The 2018 season is winding down, current only 1 Canadian club is in playoffs. That could be short lived, Montreal only has 2 games remaining & Washington is 2 point back with 4 games remaining (so just do the math).

Toronto had a terrible year, after last year incredible one (Last year they had 69 points, they are currently are at 33 points) ... meanwhile Vancouver still has a slim chance of making the playoffs (brightest part of this season in Vancouver is Alphonso Davies).

impo Atlanta is the team to beat, most likely to win though.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

bumped

MLS Cup Finals
Toronto FC over Seattle Sounders
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”