Major League Soccer

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 2014 Major League Soccer

Post by GordonH »

Just over halfway of the 2014 season and Canadian clubs are:

Toronto FC is in 4th in east
Montreal Impact is last in the east which is a switch usually thats Toronto's position
Vancouver WhiteCaps are in 5th spot 1 point back of 4th.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Coming to end of regular season, Whitecaps are 1 point back of final playoff spot. They have the advantage of having 3 games remaining while Portland only has 2 & both of those are against teams fighting for 3rd spot in the west.

It tight with 4 teams within reach of final spot.

Added later: All that money Toronto FC spent in off season and they are currently on outside looking in, but they are off the basement of the league.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Vancouver WhiteCaps season comes down to the last game of the season against Colorado, and how the match between Portland & FC Dallas ends up.

WhiteCap loss & Portland win means Vancouver is out, the other way around Vancouver is in to play-off's.

Meanwhile both eastern Canadian teams are out of the play-off's.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings/2014
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

WhiteCaps are into first round of play-off, only Canadian to make the post season(this year). Even though Toronto FC when out and spent millions just to make the post season for first, did not work.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Well, it will have to be next year that Vancouver makes a run for the cup.

Lost tonight against FC Dallas 2 to 1
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Whitecaps don't have all the pieces quite yet to make a run for the cup, bet there will be signings in the off season.
Definately need a proven striker.
GordonH

Re: Major League Soccer

Post by GordonH »

Bump

Yesterday was the beginning of 2015 MLS season, may all of the Canadian clubs do very well this year.
http://www.mlssoccer.com/schedule?month ... edule_form
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Even with a few of their notable players out of the line-up, they still found a way to win.

Whitecaps are 3-1-0 with 9 points

next up LA Galaxy Apr 4 @ BC Place
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

^^^The only reason I miss television.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Yet another great game (probably the best all-around I've seen the Whitecaps play this year) yesterday at BC Place, Vancouver defeating LA Galaxy 2-0. They've taken 1st on the table.

Exciting year so far. Up next on Wednesday, Whitecaps take on Columbus Crew SC in Vancouver before hitting the road and playing San Jose Quakes on Saturday.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I'm enjoying the good start, well except the loss to Toronto.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Tonight on TSN1 @ 7pm Whitecaps FC @ Columbus Crew
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

#1 Western Conference vs #2 Eastern Conference tonight:
WhiteCaps vs D.C United
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Today Vancouver WhiteCaps plays Philadelphia, which should be a win for the Caps.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

3 nothing win for WhiteCaps

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”