Major League Soccer

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Major League Soccer

Post by GordonH »

Not the start of the season I was looking for, may that turn around this Saturday against Seattle.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

WhiteCaps are not having very good start of the season, hopefully that will turn around soon.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Canadian soccer challenge (not a fan of sponsor) finals has:

Toronto FC vs Vancouver WhiteCaps
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Well, 2016 Whitecaps is pretty well over & no chance of any playoffs.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

2016 WhiteCaps season was a bust, maybe next year.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

With Toronto vs Montreal in eastern finals, it guarantees a Canadian team at MLS Championship Finals.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

First game in MLS eastern championship starts Tuesday. Could be interesting since todays CFL eastern finals in Ottawa had snowstorm.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

2016 MLS Cup Finals
Seattle Sounders at Toronto FC on December 10

Could their be snow
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:2016 MLS Cup Finals
Seattle Sounders at Toronto FC on December 10

Could their be snow

Soccer in December in Toronto, scoreless after first half. Will this be Professional sports Team to bring a Championship to Toronto.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I'm amazed Toronto fans are not being removed for throwing crap while Seattle has corner kicks.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Besides the Argonauts, no other professional sports team in Toronto has won a championship in over 20+ years.
Last one was Blue Jays in 1993.

Congratulations to Seattle Sounders on winning 2016 MLS Cup.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Sorry dude, but soccer is the dullest sport ever to watch.

No wonder you're the only one posting in this thread. [icon_lol2.gif]
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Loki2u wrote:Sorry dude, but soccer is the dullest sport ever to watch.

No wonder you're the only one posting in this thread. [icon_lol2.gif]

That maybe the case Loki2u, 2 things about though.
1) most watched sport worldwide
2) players need to be in good shape (with exception of goalie, pretty well running for 45 minute)
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

GordonH wrote:
Loki2u wrote:
That maybe the case Loki2u, 2 things about though.
1) most watched sport worldwide
2) players need to be in good shape (with exception of goalie, pretty well running for 45 minute)

Won't disagree with you there, but it doesn't make it watchable for me.

There are some good things about soccer. I like that its a relatively cheap sport to play for kids, and I'm all for kids playing any sort of organized sports.

I just can't get pass the fragile players, long games, injury time, penalty time, overtime, and watch guys running around when after all that effort the score ends with 0-0 and then a championship game gets decided by penalty kicks!

Too boring for me. Not knocking you for enjoying it.....fill your boots, but I'll stick to my hockey. :D
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Regular season is about wrap up, 2 of the 3 Canadian teams have had very good year. There is a chance they could make an all Canadian Finals.
Vancouver WhiteCaps @ Toronto FC, sounds good to me.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”