The Masters in Augusta, Georgia

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Little Golf happening in Augusta, Georgia

Post by GordonH »

Alright 2015 Masters is here: http://www.tsn.ca/golf/masters-live
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I am curious to see if Tiger has been able to get his game back, maybe not as his twenty something self. I expect some of the younger talent to steal the show.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:I am curious to see if Tiger has been able to get his game back, maybe not as his twenty something self. I expect some of the younger talent to steal the show.

Young talent NEVER win the Masters. In fact, I can't even remember the last time someone under 30 won the Masters.
tgm929
Board Meister

Re: The Masters in Augusta, Georgia

Post by tgm929 »

Tiger's 4 wins were all before he was 30. But other than him, you are right, not a lot in the last 20 years, Immelman and Olazabal were 28. Last was Schwarzel in 2011 when he was 26.

Definitely rare for someone who hasn't played there quite a few times to win it.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I expect Rory McIlroy to be very near the top for last round at Augusta.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Tee-off times and pairings for Thursday's first round and Friday's second round

http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pa ... index.html
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

tgm929 wrote:Tiger's 4 wins were all before he was 30. But other than him, you are right, not a lot in the last 20 years, Immelman and Olazabal were 28. Last was Schwarzel in 2011 when he was 26.

Definitely rare for someone who hasn't played there quite a few times to win it.

You're right there were a couple of 'almost 30' types. When I was reading their ages I was reading their ages NOW as opposed to when they won their Masters tourney. Although anyone close to 30 years old is far from being a 'young' golfer.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Of course you have to be in PGA to get invitation to the Masters, not a lot of teenage or early twenty something are card carrying PGA members.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Of course you have to be in PGA to get invitation to the Masters, ... .

They missed mailing me my invite :o(
Must of been an oversight.

Sigh – Georgia is so nice this time of year.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

GordonH wrote:I am curious to see if Tiger has been able to get his game back, ... .

Tiger is a done deal I fear. Sadly, it looks like Jack will keep his records.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:I am curious to see if Tiger has been able to get his game back, ... .

steven lloyd wrote:Tiger is a done deal I fear. Sadly, it looks like Jack will keep his records.

I'm not expecting him win anything, at best maybe a top 10 placing.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Of course you have to be in PGA to get invitation to the Masters, not a lot of teenage or early twenty something are card carrying PGA members.

I've been in the IGA, is that close enough?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Of course you have to be in PGA to get invitation to the Masters, not a lot of teenage or early twenty something are card carrying PGA members.

Bsuds wrote:I've been in the IGA, is that close enough?

Go for it.

could be a little late for the Masters. lol
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

There are dozens of tour pro's under the age of 26, don't fool yourself.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

GordonH wrote:I'm not expecting him win anything, at best maybe a top 10 placing.

I don't see how he could possibly make the cut, let alone finish in the top 10. He has a horrible swing and in my estimation has absolutely zero chance of being top 10, I don't see him making the cut. I think Rory could easily miss the cut also, he's playing terribly right now for his standards. Top 50 plus ties and anyone within' 10 strokes of the lead.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”