IIHF World Championship in Hockey

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: IIHF World Championship in Hockey

Post by GordonH »

I was expected Sweden to be more of a challenge.

So tomorrow Semi-Finals has:
USA vs Canada (even though we beat them in game 1 of preliminary round, Canada must not put there guard down)
Russia vs Finland (this will either be blowout by Fin's. Or hell of a game with some big hits, OV must be getting a little PO by now)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I see a finland vs Canada gold medal game :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:I see a finland vs Canada gold medal game :smt045

If that happens, Canada had better have its act together or it will be the same result as last matchup.
But first beat the US
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It took Finland 9 minutes to get there first shot on Russian net, I thought this was going to be good game. So far has not disappointed
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:It took Finland 9 minutes to get there first shot on Russian net, I thought this was going to be good game. So far has not disappointed

It appears the flood gates may have opened.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Fin's move on to Gold medal game, Russia heads to bronze game.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

love it nothing for ovechkin again
GO CANADA GO :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

This will not be the US team we beat 15 days ago, I'm sure the players & coach of Canada knows that.
Go Canada Go
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Canada has let US dictate the game in second period, look what happens. If they don't get with it they will head off to Bronze metal game.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Canada has let US dictate the game in second period, look what happens. If they don't get with it they will head off to Bronze metal game.

Canada gets undefeated Fin's for Gold, meanwhile US gets the grumpy Russians for Bronze.

Second period was making me nervous
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:I see a finland vs Canada gold medal game :smt045

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Canada wins, Congratulations
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ,WERE STILL THE BEST, :130: :130: WHAT A GREAT DAY TO be at home to watch this game
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I would like to see the IIHF remove the shootout to decide medal games, go to just OT2..... if needed OT3 etc.... etc.
Leave the shootout to the world of soccer (football).
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
Semi-finals today
US were blasted out by Sweden 6-0, Sweden play the winner between Switzerland vs Canada for Gold (which is about to start).

US plays the loser of that game for the Bronze.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”