Amazing Race Canada

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
damuffin65
Fledgling

Amazing Race Canada

Post by damuffin65 »

Did anyone watch it ? What did you think ?
"A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds." Mark Twain
tgm929
Board Meister

Re: Amazing Race Canada

Post by tgm929 »

Watched it. Thought it was really good. Thought the gold medal winning host did a good job, but he needs to come up with his own phrases and not just parrot Phils.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

well thats what it is...the amazing race..just a rip off of the same program....I was disappointed though that they are just racing around Canada....pretty lame to me...I think around the world is better and more difficult because of language barriers and longer distances..Kinda neat that kelowna was in there...but now iv seen it....im done with the show. Same thing different way.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

I watched it - it was cool to see some local attractions on the show. However, not sure I agree with some of the people they have on the show. Why do they need "celebrities" on? Why two gay couples?

Anyways, the show was pretty good otherwise.
damuffin65
Fledgling

Post by damuffin65 »

Symbonite, If you saw the trailer for next week's show the teams run into language barrier problems in the lower mainland. There are plenty of beautiful places in Canada and I'm looking forward to seeing them. Maybe you should just stick to American TV shows, they have celebrities on their reality shows too.

I agree about the host, he needs a fresh new script writer.

Was neat seeing the Okanagan places, as they are driving down 97 I'm saying, there's the Petro Can, there's . . . .

Who is the other gay couple ? I thought it was just the cowboys ?

Why was this thread moved here, should it not be under entertainment . . . .
"A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds." Mark Twain
tgm929
Board Meister

Post by tgm929 »

damuffin65 wrote:Symbonite, If you saw the trailer for next week's show the teams run into language barrier problems in the lower mainland. There are plenty of beautiful places in Canada and I'm looking forward to seeing them. Maybe you should just stick to American TV shows, they have celebrities on their reality shows too.

I agree about the host, he needs a fresh new script writer.

Was neat seeing the Okanagan places, as they are driving down 97 I'm saying, there's the Petro Can, there's . . . .

Who is the other gay couple ? I thought it was just the cowboys ?

Why was this thread moved here, should it not be under entertainment . . . .

I guess with Hal and Joanne in it, the mods figure it's fitness.
Bretbaby
Übergod

Post by Bretbaby »

damuffin65 wrote:Who is the other gay couple ? I thought it was just the cowboys ?

I thought the other male "best friends" were also gay? Seemed like it anyways.

I should also mention, I like more variety. I didn't think they needed two gay couples (or best male friends), two sisters, etc. etc. They could have had a female best friends, mother/daughter, etc. instead.

I'm guessing they went by most interesting rather than certain profile, though. Normally I could care less, but maybe the variety aspect for me just because it is the Canadian version.

I don't mind it just Canada, either. I haven't watched Amazing Race in years, but I wanted to watch this one because of the Canadian scenery and tourist attractions.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

I think it's cool that it's Canada, get to see some parts of our country that haven't seen.
Mr. Montgomery needs to loosen up a bit buy maybe will as the show goes on.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I enjoyed this season - fun to watch the winners.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

The concept of the american show is pretty cool (langauge and culture barriers), but admittedly, I have never watched it.

I would never watch the Canadian version... it's only in Canada which doesn't seem near as hard or interesting.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

fvkasm2x wrote:The concept of the american show is pretty cool (langauge and culture barriers), but admittedly, I have never watched it.

I would never watch the Canadian version... it's only in Canada which doesn't seem near as hard or interesting.

They went to China and France - the episode in Normandy was moving.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Yes that was very moving. I think it's a great show, get to see parts of Canada that would never see otherwise.
Have to wonder how the American one will do as it's now being shown on Friday nights.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:Yes that was very moving. I think it's a great show, get to see parts of Canada that would never see otherwise.
Have to wonder how the American one will do as it's now being shown on Friday nights.

Should not be to bad it's going up against Shark Tank
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

and football and hockey soon.....

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”