Firearms enthusiasts only.

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
monilynno
Board Meister

Re: Firearms enthusiasts only.

Post by monilynno »

Join the conversation and help these deluded Liberals see that legal guns and gun owners aren't a problem.
http://www.liberal.ca/151-guns-violence/
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

twofingers wrote:Any idea where I can locate ammo for my vintage .308 Norma Magnum? (aside from US on-line)

Tough to find! Your best bet would be the Kamloops Gun Show. There are always boxes of vintage ammo for sale, and the experience of wading through tables full of neat stuff is worth the drive.

May 3 & 4 this year. Early bird on Saturday gets the rare worm.

http://www.ktsa.ca/Gunshow.html
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I was watching the "small town" feature on Global featuring Telegraph Creek. At the 1:30 mark the person says, "John here is canoeing after a successful hunt. I won't say what he caught because this a family show. Kids are watching, so we wouldn't want to traumatize people."

LOL!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Yes, it's very traumatic for some people to understand where food comes from. {eye roll} Good grief Global, grow up!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Maybe he was hunting people?
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Well here we go, after 12 years of being sold in Canada to an estimated 1800 owners, the Swiss Arms Carbine is being reclassified from non-restricted to "prohibitied" over night, no explination and no buy back is being offered, this is a $3500-$4000 rifle, there has not been a single crime commited in Canada with this rifle, gun owners across Canada are livid at this political reclassification by the RCMP
The NFA is weighing it's options and will probably file suit, Byline on Sun News will be covering this story tonight on tv.
Here is what Canadin gun owners are saying on the NFA Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/NFACANADA
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Apparently it's because the guns are actually converted autos, and could be conveyed back. Quote from a member on a different forum I visit:

I find it very unlikely that they will create a class for the Swiss Arms rifles, or the CZ's. BTW, it isn't ALL of the CZ rifles being prohibited, it is specific to just a few models in the line up, albeit the majority of those sold, and just the ones that were built on converted auto receivers, something the importer in this country is 100% responsible for doing, and thereby screwed over the people who purchased them, as eventually the RCMP would check them out, and find that they in fact were NOT newly constructed semi auto only firearms.

You have to understand, that the RCMP do NOT have to actually examine a firearm in order to issue an FRT number and add it to their database. In fact, they often don't, or can't, due to a lot of different reasons. They have been taking some of the applicants for these rifles, specifically the Swiss Arms line and certain CZ/VZ models, at their word, and going from engineering specs and documents.

If you go to the Calgary Shooting Center site, you can read all about how JR Cox initially told the RCMP about how the rifles we have in Canada now were in fact "different" and "based on another model".

http://www.theshootingcentre.com/sans-overview

They are in fact PE90/Sig 550 with semi auto parts. They are identical. I've seen them right beside each other, one of mine, and an actual 550 from the Swiss rifle club in Canada (they are allowed to have Swiss issued rifles and ammo for their Army while living here in Canada due to a treaty between both countries). Trust me, they are identical. The Swiss Arms rifles in Canada will accept the full auto parts of the Sig550 and go full auto as well. This by definition makes them not only a converted auto, but also not a "different rifle" made from "another model" as initially was told to RCMP forensics by JR Cox from TSE.

So, while a lot of people or vilifying the RCMP, they were essentially only a part of this current problem, and not the worst offender really. I'm not saying they aren't anti gun, I know they are, I have family instructing at Depot, and 3 family members that are currently serving with the RCMP - I know as well as anyone how they are taught to think about firearms from the top down. But in this situation, people seeking to make huge profits from importing previously impossible to own and very high end types of rifles deceived the RCMP forensics and firearms unit intentionally, and now the chickens have come home to roost.

Had JR not been in a catfight with his former partner over at CSC, and poked the bear with a stick by sending in a Swiss Arms rifle CSC had imported without going through JR and TSE, trying to somehow get them in trouble, none of this would have happened. The truly insane part is JR KNEW that at any point if the RCMP truly dug into the Swiss Arms rifles, they would find out what he did back in 2001 or so to get them into the country, yet he still tried to go after the CSC despite knowing this. Insane.
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

This is a full auto made from a leaver action rifle by John Browning circa 1892, point is that almost any firearm can be made full auto given a little expertise, now the question is will this be the next rifle on the RCMP hit list?
Attachments
1011086_592192360848864_1528930298_n.jpg
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Send a letter to your Prime Minister to repeal C-68 & C-17
No postage required.
https://nfa.ca/sites/default/files/NFA%20Postcard_0.pdf
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This guy would have been better off raping someone than practicing passive civil disobedience. http://theccf.ca/articles/excessively-p ... s-nervous/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

New toy!

Come at me, zombies.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
monilynno
Board Meister

Post by monilynno »

Glacier wrote:This guy would have been better off raping someone than practicing passive civil disobedience. http://theccf.ca/articles/excessively-p ... s-nervous/

It's criminal what they're doing to this family.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Captain Awesome wrote:New toy!

Come at me, zombies.

Yeah! I like it! Maverick 88?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

- Douglas Murray
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

For reals?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”