Men's Winter Olympic Hockey

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 2014 Men's Olympic Hockey Team

Post by GordonH »

the truth wrote:well they lost this morning :]

Went to shootout anything can happen, which I'm not a fan of. I do like the way BCJH league has it setup.

First OT 4 on 4 for 5 minutes, if no winner
Second OT 3 on 3 same 5 minutes, this usual settles it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ya ilike it too.but I am also a fan off shootouts
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Woo-hoo we kicked Finland's sorry butts!!! Hee hee - actually that was a lot closer than it should have been. Anyone else have any nails left? Yikes I was sure they were going to find a way to blow that game...it just seemed like the similar game we've seen all too often, Team Canada misses opportunity after opportunity and then blam the other side scores on one of their only chances. My heart was in my mouth there when Salo took that shot in the OT. So close.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Woo-hoo we kicked Finland's sorry butts!!! Hee hee - actually that was a lot closer than it should have been. Anyone else have any nails left? Yikes I was sure they were going to find a way to blow that game...it just seemed like the similar game we've seen all too often, Team Canada misses opportunity after opportunity and then blam the other side scores on one of their only chances. My heart was in my mouth there when Salo took that shot in the OT. So close.

So we meet the winner of Switzerland vs Latvia in quarter finals.

So far Canada has had it very easy the hardest challenge being Finland, which may (?) come back to bite us in the *bleep* later.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so is it price's job to loose now ???? I prefer him than lou anyway,he is a much better puck hander than lou is,could come in very handy the next few games.they should give st louis a game on the crosby line imho
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Latvia vs Canada in tomorrows quarter finals

Latvia beats Switzerland 3 to 1
Last edited by GordonH on Feb 18th, 2014, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i am thinking canada wins that game 4-1
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

OMG.......FINLAND 3-1 OVER RUSSIA i love it,,i love it
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Man, that was close!!! Shots weren't though.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

the entire country needs to change it's diaper now. What a joke, how the hell could $149 million worth of players almost lose to a bunch of bums? I don't get it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

be glad that Luongo wasnt in goal! ;)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The Green Barbarian wrote:the entire country needs to change it's diaper now. What a joke, how the hell could $149 million worth of players almost lose to a bunch of bums? I don't get it.

Full credit to the goalie & Ted Nolan on Latvia success.

Almost forgot a small supporting roll to Ref on the missed call for a penalty shot…. players hand covering puck on the goal line.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

its was all about the goalie and great coaching by nolan for sure

next usa vs canada .should be a good one.price will have to show up big time
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

GordonH wrote:
Almost forgot a small supporting roll to Ref on the missed call for a penalty shot…. players hand covering puck on the goal line.

Wouldn't have mattered, there was no way we'd have scored on the penalty shot anyway.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

The Green Barbarian wrote:the entire country needs to change it's diaper now. What a joke, how the hell could $149 million worth of players almost lose to a bunch of bums? I don't get it.

They certainly haven't played inspired hockey thus far.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”