Men's Winter Olympic Hockey

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 2014 Men's Olympic Hockey Team

Post by GordonH »

So bring on Sweden, 4am Sunday 5 hours before closing Ceremonies of 2014 Winter Games in Sochi Russia.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This coming Sunday at church (Marge doesn't like hockey)...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

US still can win a medal just not gold or silver, they get Finland & Tuukka Rask tomorrow at 7am in the bronze medal game.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

woooooooooooooooooo

THE PRICE IS RIGHT
4AM sunday wakeup call please
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wooooooooooooooooooooooo
were the best mens and womens gold
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Woot Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total domination!!!!!!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

The Swedes made it to the final game. Silver is better than nothing. We should be gracious winners.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Canada put on clinic at this Olympic's how defence can win games, and it does not have to be boring trap hockey.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Piecemaker wrote:The Swedes made it to the final game. Silver is better than nothing. We should be gracious winners.

while a little good natured ribbing is ok, I agree that we should be gracious. Sweden was without their top three players, and that Backstrom suspension was just plain weird. Anyway, good job guys, unlike 2010's gold medal win, that was just pure domination. Never a doubt from the drop of the puck until the final whistle. Mission accomplished.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ya, and we were without,stamkos and tavares ,thats some serious fire power we lost there.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

the truth wrote:ya, and we were without,stamkos and tavares ,thats some serious fire power we lost there.

I hear what you are saying, but we also had serious fire-power to replace those guys with, Sweden on the other hand doesn't. Also - Sweden found out that Backstrom was disqualified only 20 minutes before the game. Imagine how demoralizing it would have been to lose Crosby or Price right before the game? It would have sucked big time. I still think Canada would have won, but it would be a big shock.

It's actually interesting to see how few new young guns other countries have coming up, a lot of teams had a bunch of grey-beards out there that are well past their prime - Nedved? Jagr? Alfredsson? I'd be nervous if we were starting guys the age of Alfredsson, ie if Iginla and Thornton had made our 2014 team. We've got quite a crop of young guns coming up and Sid the Kid is good to go for at least another two Olympics, if the NHL keeps participating, that is. We'll see.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Would have been a better game if the swedes had thier full complement of players. Was looking forward to cheering against the twins for a change and what happened to Backstrom was just insult to injury.

I agree green barb, this Canadian team will only get better given most are in thier 20's. Add players like Segiun, Eberly, Couture or Hall that didn't make the cut and they should dominate the next 3 Olympics.

Have to wonder if Bettman will still allow nhlers in future games though. Team USA's horrible end to the Olympics did not help the cause. Certainly didn't do much to raise the profile of hockey in the states. Tavares' devastating injury was another discouraging factor.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Piecemaker wrote:The Swedes made it to the final game. Silver is better than nothing. We should be gracious winners.

We are gracious winners. It's only politically correct to insult Americans when we beat them. The Swedes had a good tournament, though I think they got lucky beating the Finns. Interestingly, no matter who won the gold medal game, the winner was going to be the first team to go undefeated since the NHL started letting their players into the Olympics.
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote:We are gracious winners. It's only politically correct to insult Americans when we beat them. The Swedes had a good tournament, though I think they got lucky beating the Finns. Interestingly, no matter who won the gold medal game, the winner was going to be the first team to go undefeated since the NHL started letting their players into the Olympics.

If Tuukka Rask had been sick in semi-final against Sweden, Finland would have been in finals against Canada. That would have opened the door for US to win bonze.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”