Medical Marijuana: Mayo, Health Canada & Cancer Society

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Re: Seizures, Epilepsy, Marijuana

Post by 1nick »

Sean13 do what you have to do man.Don't ask for permission just do what's best for you.Its seems you have regular treatment by your doctors,there's nothing wrong with augmenting that in other ways.Get yourself some hemp oil.
I'm with you....PM me if you like.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Sean13 ...

I have a great deal of appreciation for people like you who comment about their personal medical conditions and the relationship that they do or do not have with marijuana. It is real life rather than theoretical or second hand test information that may or may not eventually prove to be true. The suggestion that all doctors are fully knowledgeable about all aspects of medical cures is a complete myth.

Although there is nothing that I can do for you I want you to know that I very much appreciate your willingness to help the rest of us try to understand the real or imagined truth about the various health conditions and marijuana, including seizures and marijuana. Thank you.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Medical Marijuana - Mayo Clinic, Health Canada & Cancer

Post by Donald G »

Information from MAYO Clinic regarding marijuana.

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/ar ... 8/fulltext
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Sean13

Post by Sean13 »

Heres a great story that people against the use of "drugs" i.e. mj should like.

My lovely lady friend watches me wander around her house naked, covered in sweat, stiffening up every few minutes. This will sound disgusting but a fun seizure fact, I defecate while standing in her kitchen as I have a standing seizure. She said I began to put potato chips in the coffee grinder so she decided to phone the ambulance as I may have hurt myself and the length of the episode was getting really dangerous. Multiple units show up in order to "handle" me, at this point Im walking around like a naked, strong zombie. The attendants debate whether I'm on drugs or having seizures, my girl friend has told them I have a diagnosed seizure condition and viola, this is it. They decide I'm having seizures, off to the ER. My friend follows me to the ER and gives the doctor my run down, epileptic, head injury, seizure medications and no drug use, off he goes. She is again approached by the doctor in the waiting room, she said his mood noticeably had changed. The doctor told her my secret, I must have been sneaking off and she "didn't know where I went at night", usually a short walk with a dog, but the doctor knew the truth, I was busted, off he went to administer treatment to a seizing drug addict.

I had tested positive for barbiturates, a drug that was a hit in the 70's among dock workers, OR was it the primary ingredient in one of my two SEIZURE MEDICATIONS! MY SEIZURE MED IS NOTHING MORE THAN A STREET DRUG, even my girlfriend knew this at the time, I told her she should be my Neurologist!! So call MJ something that your average person has no understanding of like Lozomax and let move on to getting rid of Barbiturates???

have a good day
cuba108
Fledgling

Post by cuba108 »

To Sean 13, I would not hesitate to experiment with different forms of marijuana if I thought they might help with seizures.My heart does go out to you and wish you all the best. I watched my dad recover from a fairly serious brain injury minus the seizures, but with the memory loss, irritability, pain and dizziness. In his case it was a few years of hard work and eventually he recovered enough to live a full life.I'm sure he would have ended up as an addict if he took all the pain killers and mood enhancers the doctors prescribed for him.
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I still wonder what happened to all of the data from the 38,000 or so people who were authorized to use medicinal marijuana for various ailments for the last few years. To not have collected and compiled that information, when information about marijuana use in medicine is so lacking, is ridiculous.

Is that one more thing that Health Canada has failed in as well as their two attempts at structuring a marijuana supply system. Fortunately someone who know what they were doing seems to have had a hand in coming up with the system due to come on stream April 1,2014. I suspect that someone with drug gang knowledge was permitted to have a say in the new system.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The initial posts on this thread would seem pertinent in view of the most recently opened marijuana thread on the changes coming April 1, 2014
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Given some of the far fetched (some would say completely ridiculous) claims being made on the Marijuana - April 1 string it is time that this string was again moved to a more notable position. The articles from the three renowned medical centers by highly qualified medical people is a bit more informative and truthful than the repetitious information of a marijuana shop seller lacking any medical qualifications that chooses to contradict past and recent medical opinions regarding marijuana.

The Health Canada article titled "Advice to Professionals" is particularly interesting and informative.

Return to “Health”