Two Okanagan communities vie for $100,000

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Two Okanagan communities vie for $100,000

Post by oneh2obabe »

OKANAGAN – Salmon Arm and Osoyoos have made it to the top 16 in the annual Hockeyville competition.

The Shaw Centre in Salmon Arm and the Sun Bowl Arena in Osoyoos are competing for $100,000 in upgrades.

The winning community will also get the opportunity to host a pre-season NHL game next year.

Voting closes for the top 2, one from western Canada and one from the east, at the end of the day Monday.

The Sun Bowl is home to the KIJHL’s Osoyoos Coyotes. The almost 40 year old arena could use a new concrete slab for the rink and a news scoreboard. The scoreboard tends to malfunction at inopportune times.

In Salmon Arm, the Shaw Centre is home to the Salmon Arm Silverbacks of the BCHL.

Go to the Hockeyville website to vote.
http://krafthockeyville.cbc.ca/?lang=en

The contest is sponsored by Kraft and the CBC.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Two Okanagan communities vie for $100,000

Post by GordonH »

Best of luck to both Communities, may one of you win grand prize.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Two Okanagan communities vie for $100,000

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”