Major League Baseball

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
buffdude

Major League Baseball

Post by buffdude »

after reading about a recent decision in MLB regarding players that were under investigation for drug use as a performanance enhancing substance i smell a cover up.
you are what you eat!!!!
ktowner
Fledgling

Re: Major league baseball

Post by ktowner »

I can't take baseball seriously anymore, too much drama involved with all these drug allegations. Players selling out other players etc etc. I guess it goes with the sport, look at how many players change teams every year.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Major League Baseball

Post by GordonH »

http://mlb.mlb.com/home

Detroit Tigers are to report details on Miguel Cabrera record $300 mil contract later in week. Wow

I'm not fan baseball I find it rather boring at least regular season 162 games
Last edited by GordonH on Sep 30th, 2015, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: 2014 Major League Baseball

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote:http://mlb.mlb.com/home

Detroit Tigers are to report details on Miguel Cabrera record $300 mil contract later in week. Wow

I'm not fan baseball I find it rather boring at least regular season 162 games

I definitely find it a sport more suited to retired people who can sit at home and watch the Jays all year. I usually make it about four innings and I'm fast asleep. Seeing games live is fun though, highly recommend driving down to Seattle in the summer and taking in a Mariners game, especially if the Red Sox or Yankees are in town, kind of like seeing the Leafs on the road in Canada, half the crowd is cheering for Leafs even if they aren't the home team, just like watching the Riders play the Stamps in Calgary during the CFL season.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH

Re: 2014 Major League Baseball

Post by GordonH »

*bump*
http://www.castanet.net/news/World/1387 ... thout-fans

Tried to watch some of this game…. Wow I find baseball to be like watching paint dry, times by 3 without fan noise.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the ownerships reason for having no one in the stands. The officers that would normally be used to parol the game are available for whats happening on the streets of Baltimore.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Re: Major League Baseball

Post by GordonH »

I'm not a baseball fan, congratulation to Canada's only MLB team Toronto Blue Jays.

May they go all the way:
http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/148 ... sion-title
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Maybe not the best way to end the season for Blue Jays, currently losing 12 to 1 to Tampa.

Hopefully not an indicator of what may happen in first playoff series in 22 years.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Thursday Game 1 between Texas Rangers @ Toronto Blue Jays

Yes I'm a bandwagon fan

Added later: I still believe there should be teams in Montreal & Vancouver.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

So will 2015 be the year for Chicago Cubs (as seen in Back to the Future the opponent is different not Miami).
How about all the hype around Toronto or as other Toronto teams they choke.
Hopefully not Go T7oronto Blue Jays, starts tonight against Texas Rangers.

Added Trivia: Last time Toronto played or won in the World Series a Liberal won the PM's job.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

The game is not tonight as listed on the shaw guide - starting now. Hope you didn't set the pvr to record the game at 6pm, that would suck. :(
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Good news about Donaldson & Bautista
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Good news about Donaldson & Bautista

Tough loss, better turn this around in game 2 since its best out of 5.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

GordonH wrote:Good news about Donaldson & Bautista

For sure, lucky not to loose them. Rangers may not be so fortunate with Beltre, huge loss for them.

Hopefully resting all those players pays off later in the series.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Early start for game 2 tomorrow 9:30am our time.

Added later: wonder how many will be playing hooky tomorrow. lol
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Blue Jay's current GM is moving on:
http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/150 ... parts-ways

Of course now in offseason will the Jays try to keep Marco Estrada & David Price.

Added later: http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/toronto-blue-jays/payroll/

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”