Major League Baseball

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Major League Baseball

Post by GordonH »

Poindexter wrote:Time for a 4 game winning streak.

Go Jays!!!!! :yahoo:

May it happen, of course 4 game winning streak in the regular season is whole lot easier then in the playoffs.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

As much as Josh Donaldson's locker room talk to his teammates before game four jacked up his and his teammates play resulted in a 5-1 victory over Cleveland, one has to wonder if Jose Baustista's comments after the game about the inexperience of Cleveland's rookie pitcher Ryan Merritt deflated any momentum the Jays gained. Judging after three innings of this afternoon's game five game Merritt doesn't seem to be shaking in his boots and the Jays are the ones who look rattled.
Last edited by Straight Shooter on Oct 19th, 2016, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:As much as Josh Donaldson's locker room talk to his teammates before game four jacked up his and his teammates play resulted in a 5-1 victory over Cleveland, one has to wonder if Jose Baustista's comments after the game about the inexperience of Cleveland's rookie pitcher Ryan Merritt deflated any momentum the Jays gained. Judging after three innings of this afternoon's game five game Merritt doesn't seem to be shaking in his boots and the Jays are the ones who look rattled.

Most likely because Toronto have 2 more must win games or go golfing, it's only if Toronto can force a game 7. Then it becomes an urgency for Cleveland but only if it goes to game 7.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Second year to get only as far as ALCS, Toronto is off to links. Meanwhile Cleveland has done what the Cavaliers did earlier this year.

Cleveland vs ??? in the MLB Finals.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Second year to get only as far as ALCS, Toronto is off to links. Meanwhile Cleveland has done what the Cavaliers did earlier this year.

Cleveland vs ??? in the MLB Finals.

Between now & spring training Toronto has some contracts need to be dealt with. Who will be back & who will not.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

71 year drought has come to an end, now will curse ended.

2016 MLB Finals has:

Cleveland vs Chicago (Cubs)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

MLB is the only league that would put so much importants on All Star Game on deciding who get home field advantage in MLB Finals.
Everyone else uses whomever has best regular season standings gets home field advantage. Get with program MLB.
Chicago earn home field, who really gives a damn about all star games.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Tonight something Wrigley Field has not seen in 71 years, a MLB Final round game.
Since the Cubs get games 3, 4 & 5 at home they could win Cup at home.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i hate pitchers duels. i just wanted to get that out there. LOL
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:i hate pitchers duels. i just wanted to get that out there. LOL

A pitcher who can throw 100+ mph pitch in 60 feet 6 inches (distance from pitchers mound to home plate) gets a huge WOW from me.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

well yeah. that part is impressive. but it's a little boring to watch over and over. i think the most exciting part of the game was watching the slow motion replays to see if people were safe or out. LOL
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:well yeah. that part is impressive. but it's a little boring to watch over and over. i think the most exciting part of the game was watching the slow motion replays to see if people were safe or out. LOL

Pitching duel is the part of the game... that I call watching paint dry, incredibly boring (its like watching 2 hockey teams both playing trap hockey). So I usually change channels come back later, except trap hockey I never return.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

i was really want to hear that amazing *CRACK* and watch a ball sail out of the park. :-X maybe tonight. lol (Go Cubs!)
― Albert Einstein
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:i was really want to hear that amazing *CRACK* and watch a ball sail out of the park. :-X maybe tonight. lol (Go Cubs!)

Looking at regular season stats neither of these teams are long ball, they are both RBI teams.
Unfortunately both have good to very good starters & bull pens add to that pretty darn good closers.
Defensive teams make it for boring games with maybe the exception football, even then it could be a sleepfest.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

yeah, but with the wind blowing out last night at around 25 mph i thought maybe, just one...that's what i get for thinking. :(
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”