Major League Baseball

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Major League Baseball

Post by Poindexter »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Except that he should be banned from any MLB stadium or any other professional sport for that matter. And he should be made to stand on the field, eye up a fly ball and have all 50,000 fans throw a full beer at him. Sponsored by Bud light. Courtesy of Canada.

I'm a little surprised a fan of baseball sharing the stands with this moron didn't out him when security went to look for him. Instead the fans were boing the Baltimore coach for being outraged. The whole ordeal is an embarrassment for Jays fans.

Possible charges for the jackass.
According to Gilbert, there are "a variety of charges" for police to consider laying, including assault with a weapon, common nuisance, mischief to interfere with the lawful use and enjoyment of property, and mischief endangering life.

And I agree, great game and looking forward to the Texas series getting under way.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
dfoxtails84

Post by dfoxtails84 »

my5cents wrote:The home town media should televise the all the games until the team is finished.

Sadly the MLB has a deal with Fox Sports and Turner Sports through the 2021 season for all the post season play. Which means all of their announcers call the games.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

ALDS
Toronto Blue Jays vs Texas Rangers (Jays, I how chances are slim for Jays this year.)
Boston Red Sox vs Cleveland Indians (Indians)
NLDS
LA Dodgers vs Washington Nationals (Dodgers)
Chicago Cubs vs San Francisco Giants (Cubs, could be a hell of a series)

My picks are just guesses

Added later: 2010 SFG, 2012 SFG, 2014 SFG........ Hmmm 2016 ???
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ If this alleged sports copy editor is the thrower, one would think he'd know better. Wait a minute, only a complete moron would not know better then to throw items at players.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ If this alleged sports copy editor is the thrower, one would think he'd know better. Wait a minute, only a complete moron would not know better then to throw items at players.

If he is found guilty in the courts, then MLB should place him on league wide ban order. Length to be determined by the League & both Baltimore & Toronto management (since it happened to Baltimore player & at the home of Toronto).
http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/177 ... er-charged

this all impo
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

News says he has been charged. High def video showed he was the thrower.

He says "completely innocent".

I guess during such a good game, this major sports fan (even is a sports writer) remember he needed to pick something up at the store, or had to mail a letter and left the area before police got to where he was sitting.

Very strange someone who WAS in the sports writing business would do this. I say WAS because that's the reality. Whatever he gets or doesn't get from the courts is nothing compared to his loss of opportunity regarding watching and writing about sports.

Sure "enjoyed" listening to the homer telecast of todays game.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Phewww. The Jays just squeeked that win out today against the Rangers. A real nail biter.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Tonight is pretty well do or die for Blue Jays, if they go down 3 games to 0. Chances of a comeback is real slim, since only 1 MLB has ever done it. 2004 Boston Red Sox were down 3 to 0 with NY Yankees and comeback won 4 straight to take the series.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Well, Cleveland could do what Cavaliers did and knockoff Toronto team tonight & move on to MLB Finals.

Yes there is another name for MLB Finals, since only 2 countries have teams in MLB (1 of those 2 countries only has 1 team). I won't call it the other name.

Added later: if Toronto is knockoff..... Go Chicago Go, knockoff that curse.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

As much has been said about the Jays bats going silent, what a lot of people fail to see is that Cleveland isn't really out slugging the Jays either. In fact both teams are tied in total hits going into game four. Cleveland is a team of opportunist and that's the only difference in this series so far.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Straight Shooter wrote:As much has been said about the Jays bats going silent, what a lot of people fail to see is that Cleveland isn't really out slugging the Jays either. In fact both teams are tied in total hits going into game four. Cleveland is a team of opportunist and that's the only difference in this series so far.

Cleveland is taking advantage of the fact Toronto is unable to hit anything that is not a fastball.
Toronto lives or dies on long ball nothing else, take that away it's all over. (all Cleveland needs to throw are sliders & sink balls and Toronto hitters are lost)
If Sanchez plays like he did against Texas then Toronto will be cleaning off those golf clubs.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Just need to do that 2 more times to setup game 7 showdown, or win 3 to move on and be only 2nd team mb team to do so.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Time for a 4 game winning streak.

Go Jays!!!!! :yahoo:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”