Major League Baseball

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Major League Baseball

Post by GordonH »

American League East Division has become even harder for Toronto, Judge & Stanton.... onch.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2748 ... nasty-core
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:American League East Division has become even harder for Toronto, Judge & Stanton.... onch.

Read Rogers has the team up on the auction block. Probably wont compete if trying to sell
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:American League East Division has become even harder for Toronto, Judge & Stanton.... onch.

Jflem1983 wrote:Read Rogers has the team up on the auction block. Probably wont compete if trying to sell

Begs the question:
If sold how long before being moved south of the border. There are a number of major metropolitan areas without MLB team.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:

Jflem1983 wrote:Read Rogers has the team up on the auction block. Probably wont compete if trying to sell

Begs the question:
If sold how long before being moved south of the border. There are a number of major metropolitan areas without MLB team.

Wont happen. They have tv rights for 35 million people . Best deal in baseball. They do need a new open top natural grass stadium however. That must be why Rogers is selling. They do not want to shell out a billion plus for a new barn. Cheap buggers. Looking at phone bill id say old Rogers is doing alright
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ actually that should be relatively easy to do, just take roof off current location & place a roof over the boxes. Get rid artificial truf... done (cost $500,000,000 or less, based on changing BC Place roof lol)

Added: maybe add another deck, since they have the structure (what was needed to hold up the sliding roof)
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
Cleveland Indians are dropping Chief Wahoo from all merchandise & clothing.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Wahoo will be there for one last season, get your collectables folks. I suspect this will be the beginning of the end for team names like this.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

j watson wrote:Wahoo will be there for one last season, get your collectables folks. I suspect this will be the beginning of the end for team names like this.

Close to the end for team names of any kind. Running out of words that aren't offensive to someone.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

j watson wrote:Wahoo will be there for one last season, get your collectables folks. I suspect this will be the beginning of the end for team names like this.

johnny24 wrote:Close to the end for team names of any kind. Running out of words that aren't offensive to someone.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 25 MLB team names that should not offend anyone.
Here is list of all the teams:
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Tampa Bay Rays
Toronto Blue Jays
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
Kansas City Royals
Minnesota Twins
Houston Astros
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Athletics
Seattle Mariners
Texas Rangers
Atlanta Braves
Miami Marlins
New York Mets
Philadelphia Phillies
Washington Nationals
Chicago Cubs
Cincinnati Reds
Milwaukee Brewers
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals
Arizona Diamondbacks
Colorado Rockies
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:

johnny24 wrote:Close to the end for team names of any kind. Running out of words that aren't offensive to someone.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 25 MLB team names that should not offend anyone.
Here is list of all the teams:
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Tampa Bay Rays
Toronto Blue Jays
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
Kansas City Royals
Minnesota Twins
Houston Astros
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Athletics
Seattle Mariners
Texas Rangers
Atlanta Braves
Miami Marlins
New York Mets
Philadelphia Phillies
Washington Nationals
Chicago Cubs
Cincinnati Reds
Milwaukee Brewers
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals
Arizona Diamondbacks
Colorado Rockies
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants

Give it 5 years. That list will be cut in half. I can add even more sports teams to the list that SHOULDN'T offend someone. Halifax Explosions, Edmonton Eskimos, Atlanta Braves.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

johnny24 wrote:Give it 5 years. That list will be cut in half. I can add even more sports teams to the list that SHOULDN'T offend someone. Halifax Explosions, Edmonton Eskimos, Atlanta Braves.

First one is tragic event the other 2 are actual ethnic groups, which can be consider negative wording with those ethnic groups.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:
johnny24 wrote:Give it 5 years. That list will be cut in half. I can add even more sports teams to the list that SHOULDN'T offend someone. Halifax Explosions, Edmonton Eskimos, Atlanta Braves.

First one is tragic event the other 2 are actual ethnic groups, which can be consider negative wording with those ethnic groups.

Earthquakes, Avalanches, Hurricanes & Flames are also tragic.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:First one is tragic event the other 2 are actual ethnic groups, which can be consider negative wording with those ethnic groups.

johnny24 wrote:Earthquakes, Avalanches, Hurricanes & Flames are also tragic.

Please explain how calling a team after natural occurrence is the same as an ethnic peoples.
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

GordonH wrote:

GordonH wrote:First one is tragic event the other 2 are actual ethnic groups, which can be consider negative wording with those ethnic groups.

Please explain how calling a team after natural occurrence is the same as an ethnic peoples.

We're getting way off topic now. Start a new thread if you want to talk about this.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Well, this post is off topic since none of these name are MLB teams, 1 is MLS the other 3 are NHL.

I will leave created another thread in your infield.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”