Autocross racing

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
SPOCK

Autocross racing

Post by SPOCK »

Come and join us every Thursday evening for some fun and exciting driving. Just about any car can run. New drivers will be coached. Autocross (called auto slalom in Canada) involves driving a closed course of cones laid out in a parking lot. Only one car runs at a time so there is no "swapping paint"'

Be at the west parking lot (near the trades wing) of Okanagan College Kelowna by 5:30 PM every Thursday.

Cost is $40 for membership and insurance and $15 per evening with your first event at no run fee.

Want more info? Visit www.okanaganautocross.com
SPOCK
Live long and prosper.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Autocross racing

Post by Liquidnails »

I've been out to watch you guys a few times. Joining is on my to do list as soon as I get a car.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Wonder if I should give it a shot with my luxo-barge '98 Acura 3.5RL... LOL
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
SPOCK

Post by SPOCK »

Any car can run including luxo barges. There is a handicap system set up so cars are equaled out. It is the driver that makes the difference. There is much to learn about you and your car from autocross.
SPOCK
Live long and prosper.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I'll try to convince the wife to let me come for an evening of entertainment :)
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Watched a few youtube videos of racing that course... how the heck do you know where to go ? Do people get lost on the track much? Looks sparse except for certain corners for cones... Just wonderin :)

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”