Gino

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Gino

Post by Glacier »

Gino Odjick is nearing the end of his life. Not the best hockey player that ever lived, but a hockey legend nonetheless.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1419614/forme ... l-disease/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bubalouie
Guru

Re: Gino

Post by Bubalouie »

Sad..
WhenWhatWho
Banned

Post by WhenWhatWho »

I was shocked to hear this last night. Gino never got the credit for what he brought to the team.
Very sad indeed.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

No he didn't get the credit he deserves and for what he did for native kids, showing them it is possible to go somewhere in life.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Few professional athletes play with as much heart as Gino played with. His ability to inspire camaraderie among teammates was second to none and the reason he'll remain a Canuck legend.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

WhenWhatWho wrote:I was shocked to hear this last night. Gino never got the credit for what he brought to the team.
Very sad indeed.

I would totally disagree. Gino is a legend in Vancouver amongst fans. He was cheered more than any player while he was on the team and received tons of support. He definitely got the credit and appreciation he deserved.

I am also quite sad about this news. For anyone to suffer this type of news is shocking...regardless of whether you're a hockey player or a regular person on the street. I think he is dealing with it better than most judging by his comments he's made in the media.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Gino would defend any & all of his teammates on the ice, what he did in the community is what truly made him a hell of person.

Hey Gino we are all banging sticks on the boards in support for you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Here's some footage from a flash mob that was held for Gino today outside Vancouver General.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1423338/fans-gather-outside-hospital-in-flash-mob-for-gino-odjick
cuba108
Fledgling

Post by cuba108 »

Has anyone heard how he is doing? Hoping no news is good news.
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

cuba108 wrote:Has anyone heard how he is doing? Hoping no news is good news.

Unsure of any updated info on his medical condition, he has won Indspire Award http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/10/28 ... or-sports/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”