Two Kelowna athletes are fighting in the UFC soon

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Two Kelowna athletes are fighting in the UFC soon

Post by Prestige Mike »

I thought I'd share with you folks that two athletes coming out of Kelowna's Toshido MMA gym are fighting in the UFC soon. For those that don't know, the UFC is the world's largest organization for mixed martial arts fighting. Kelowna hasn't been the most supportive city for MMA, having banned the events taking place in the city, but guys like David Lea from Toshido and the various other MMA gyms around the city, have kept the relatively small city in the spot light for one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Despite some setbacks for the sport of MMA in Kelowna, Toshido has now produced three fighters for the UFC; Rory MacDonald, Sarah Moras, and Matt Dwyer.

Sarah Moras is fighting sunday, July 6th in Las Vegas
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/8/569 ... -19-finale

and Matt Dwyer is fighting Saturday, August 2nd in Los Angeles
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/alex-garci ... os-angeles

I'm proud to have trained with and known these two athletes. They are both exceptional, humble, and tough athletes.
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Two Kelowna athletes are fighting in the UFC soon

Post by Swoop »

...absolutely right Mike - kudos to Toshido, and Dave Lea for turning out world contenders in the MMA...whether you like the MMA style or not, there's still a need to back and support this kind of local talent...good luck to both athletes in their upcoming bouts, and keep up the good work Toshido gym!...
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

I guess this wasn't worthy of the Kelowna forum. That's too bad. That's my old stomping grounds. I wanted to share this with those guys. :)
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

Sarah Moras won by Decision! Her opponent came in 8 lbs overweight too!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”