BCs 23-6 loss to Winnipeg, what they need this Friday

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Lare14

BCs 23-6 loss to Winnipeg, what they need this Friday

Post by Lare14 »

Offside - by Lare14

Re: B.C.'s 23-6 loss to Winnipeg and what they need for this Friday game

You could see it right from the start. Winnipeg just had that jump and BC didn't. They were a half-step ahead of BC. Their offensive line was able to nullify B.C.'s pass rush, so it gave their quarterback a little bit of extra time.

BC was relatively effective for the first few downs to protect their own quarterback, but after that they started breaking down and Glenn was hurrying his passes, and he was a little bit off on them. The timing between the passer and him just wasn't there.

Glenn's a good quarterback, but he's not that mobile. While Travis Lulay would give you that other dimension of being able to take off from the pocket, Glenn just doesn't have the speed. With Travis Lulay, if he is in a position where it looks like the play is breaking down, he is able to run his way out of it.

It was also Geroy Simon night, and that may have been a bit of a distraction. The preparation time just wasn't there.

In order to beat Calgary tomorrow, BC needs to protect their quarterback and give him enough time execute a play. The offensive line needs to open up holes to make the running game viable. Defensively, they need to be able to stop Calgary's running game.

And NO PENALTIES. Penalties are killing the Lions. They can't allow themselves to get too far behind. It's hard to get back when you're playing in someone else's home turf.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: B.C.'s 23-6 loss to Winnipeg, what they need this Friday

Post by GordonH »

● First off, stop getting so many penalties
● defence do not give Calgary's QB any time or space
● offence just 10 yards at a time, keep it simple... oh yes no penalties either

Football is on any given day or game anything can & will happen.

Go Lions Go
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”