Rockets season tickets down in numbers

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Steve-O
Übergod

Re: Rockets season tickets down in numbers

Post by Steve-O »

Personally, I'd rather take in a Warriors game. Considerably cheaper for almost same caliber of hockey. Better venue to watch hockey. When I was in Calgary, for the same reasons, I would go to one of the city's two AJHL teams games instead of the Hitmen. Midget AAA is good as well. Those kids rarely sit back and coast.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Agreed. Good hockey is good hockey. Within an hour of Kelowna there are three BCHL clubs, and two KIJHL (Jr B) teams. Not to mention the Major Midget Okangan Rockets, and the Midget Tier 1 Rockets, both of which are very good hockey and free to attend. Lots of choices for the avid hockey fan.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^ Exactly ^^
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Huh? Spent last year ranked number 1 in the country, went 57-11 and you don't think the product is good enough? Reality is, lack of disposable income. I would love to take the kids and go, just can't afford it.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

rookie314 wrote:Huh? Spent last year ranked number 1 in the country, went 57-11 and you don't think the product is good enough? Reality is, lack of disposable income. I would love to take the kids and go, just can't afford it.

A winning hockey team isn't the only definition of good product; I think you're over-simplifying what's been said. While I agree that the Rockets have priced themselves out of the market of many local hockey fans, I don't think that alone can account for 1000-1500 empty seats every night, when they were selling out every game just a few years ago.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

I agree with rookie, most families just don't have that kind of disposable income anymore, everything is getting more and more expensive.......fruits and vegetables predicted to go up by at least 35% in the near future......they just don't have anything left to do that and i believe that's the reason they have so many empty seats.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”