Info about Nakusp Natural Hot Springs?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Fleshfailures
Board Meister

Info about Nakusp Natural Hot Springs?

Post by Fleshfailures »

Has anyone recently gone camping at the Nakusp natural hot springs, but not at the resort/actual campsite? I'm planning to go camping in the woods near the hot springs, but heard that access to the hot springs had been blocked off outside of the resort/campsites. Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny this information? Thanks.
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Re: Info about Nakusp Natural Hot Springs?

Post by skydawg »

are you talking about halfway or st leons?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

St. Leon's is on private property and stupid people and their behavior led to the property owners closing it off to the general public.

Halfway is a long a very rough road. How rough? I've driven dozens of logging truck roads and back roads and I would not even keep my Subaru on it. I turned around at the first opportune place.

Nakusp Hotsprings is a 14 km drive up from the highway and indoors.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fleshfailures
Board Meister

Post by Fleshfailures »

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure which one we were going to go to, my friends are organizing the trip and all I have for location so far is a link to a map. https://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&ll=50. ... ic&dg=ntvb
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:Nakusp Hotsprings is a 14 km drive up from the highway and indoors.

There is a building with change rooms etc but the pools are outside.

http://nakusphotsprings.com/
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

That looks like Halfway. I was there 3 weeks ago. The road is rough but doable. The springs.....been there done that for me. There is camping available right at the springs but walking down the road had me thinking you would need a big 4x4 to get back up. But that being said there were 3 vehicles down there..one a jeep and the others small suvs. It was raining when I left and I really can't figure out how the suvs got back up. Maybe there still there...lol. There is also a campsite just outside of town with a pool and wifi. http://coachmancampground.com/
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”