Big White or Silver Star

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
habh

Big White or Silver Star

Post by habh »

Good day,

We are a family of seven with varying abilities and confidence (strong blue to double black) levels in skiing and boarding, live in Kelowna, had a season pass at BW last year, Apex and Sun Peaks in previous years (not when living in Kelowna).

I know what we have all liked about Apex, Sun Peaks and BW, but would like to hear from locals with experience and both SS and BW as to the pros and cons of each, which they prefer and why.
Early bird pass price deadline is looming and we need to make a decision.

Thank you in advance for the answers.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Big White or Silver Star

Post by Gilchy »

I prefer Big White, as I've found the snow conditions to be better. For whatever reason, I've had crap luck with weather every time I've been to Silverstar too, with zero visability, but that's just bad luck not the mountain's fault.

Personally, I found the extra traversing at Silverstar to get to the tricky stuff to be frustrating, and the Village better at BW.

All that said, I've talked to many who believe the exact opposite haha. Either way, we're lucky to have these great hills so close by. And Revy is always an option on big snow days too ;).
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Ditto on BW and the reasons given above.
You and 71 others Like this post
habh

Post by habh »

Thank you for the replies.
We settled on BW again this year, but will venture up to SS for a couple of days to check it out.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If you like vertical descent the one with the most in North America is 3 hours away in Revelstoke BC.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”