BC golfer wins PGA event

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

BC golfer wins PGA event

Post by steven lloyd »

What a difference one weekend makes in this young man’s life. Up to this point his PGA earnings were around $26,000.

BC golfer wins PGA event
by Roy Wood | Story: 126510 - Nov 9, 2014 / 2:43 pm

Abbotsford golfer Nick Taylor won the Sanderson Farms Championship in Jackson, Mississippi on Sunday, becoming the first Canadian to win a PGA Tour event in five years.

He shot a six-under-par 66 in the final round to win by two shots over Americans Jason Bohn, Boo Weekly and John Rollins.

In addition to the $720,000 US winner’s cheque, the victory gives Taylor a two-year exemption on the lucrative PGA Tour as well as invitations to prestigious events like the Hyundai Tournament of Champions, the Players and the PGA Championship.

Taylor, 26, was born in Winnipeg but raised in Abbotsford. He attended the University of Washington and turned professional in 2010.

He played the 2014 season mainly on the developmental Web.Com Tour and in 2012 and 2013 he played on the Canadian Tour. He did not record a win on either of the lesser tours.

Taylor, who plays out of the Ledgeview Golf and Country Club in Abbotsford, had an outstanding amateur career that included a win at the Canadian Amateur Championship 2007.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/126 ... -PGA-event
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: BC golfer wins PGA event

Post by GordonH »

Good to see a Canadian making a mark on PGA tour event
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”