Vancouver Canucks TV broadcast

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Vancouver Canucks TV broadcast

Post by TimmyE »

Did anyone notice that tonight's game is on CITY-TV out of Toronto. Rogers could have used all their regular Sportsnet channels and yet they stuck the game on CITY-TV, which I can only get if I add it to my service. Just another way of squeezing a few more dollars out of me.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Vancouver Canucks TV broadcast

Post by Captain Awesome »

Probably because they know you will pay.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Captain Awesome wrote:Probably because they know you will pay.

Sorry, my friend, but I'm not that desperate to pay to see them lose.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So far they are doing better against the Ducks then last nights game against the Kings.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

TimmyE wrote:Sorry, my friend, but I'm not that desperate to pay to see them lose.

Then why are you complaining
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Rogers also broadcasts the odd game on FX, of all channels.

I don't really dig what they're doing with hockey broadcasts this year. It seems like there's a cast of thousands handling the in-studio end. And while I get the added coverage of Canadian teams, I watch hockey for compelling matchups, not just because one of the teams is from Canada.

And HNIC is brutal, every minute that the game is not on. Guys in suits demonstrating faceoffs? Embarassing.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

JayByrd wrote:Rogers also broadcasts the odd game on FX, of all channels.

I don't really dig what they're doing with hockey broadcasts this year. It seems like there's a cast of thousands handling the in-studio end. And while I get the added coverage of Canadian teams, I watch hockey for compelling matchups, not just because one of the teams is from Canada.

And HNIC is brutal, every minute that the game is not on. Guys in suits demonstrating faceoffs? Embarassing.

Between the 2 sports channels in Canada, Sportsnet/Rogers had to win NHL contract, could not stand them before still don't.
They completely ruined HNIC, now when watching hockey I totally skip between periods. Comeback once the game starts again.
TSN would have done a much better job of it, of course could not get any worst.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”