Summerland Woman Racing with the Pros at Daytona

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Summerland Woman Racing with the Pros at Daytona

Post by maryjane48 »

A 23-year-old from Summerland has been tearing up the tracks lately, qualifying for a race at Daytona International Speedway in Florida.

Sarah Cornett-Ching will be heading towards Daytona in February to race in the Lucas Oil ARCA 200, a step right below the top level of NASCAR. This 23-year-old began racing when she was 12 years old at Penticton Speedway, and she's been working on becoming a professional racer ever since. Currently, she's a certified Red Seal welder and has been working up north.

http://www.*bleep*.com/watercooler/n ... at_Daytona

local racer folks , she beat my brother few times in vernon hahaha
wanderingman
Übergod

Re: Summerland Woman Racing with the Pros at Daytona

Post by wanderingman »

GREAT story Good for her I hope she actually qualifies I will be rooting for her. Most people have no idea how expensive this one race will be. this one race will upwards of 50K unless she wrecks or blows then its over double
I ran in the NASCAR North west tour for 10 years and that was all short track and still very very $$$$$$$
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

cool story,hope she does great
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

When Area27 in Osoyoos opens (currently at the band members vote stage) there will be a racing school there and the goal ofhaving the track FIA certified... We might just see more and more talented Okanagan kids/youngsters with her talents to get to the top :)
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Saw her race two years ago in Vernon and promptly followed her on Facebook. Daughter was impressed, and I pointed out that Sarah is quite a good role model, so she followed her as well. I hope Sarah does well at Daytona!
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”