NHL team limits ticket sales to out of town fans

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

NHL team limits ticket sales to out of town fans

Post by bob vernon »

I couldn't believe this when I saw it. If you go down to Nashville for the music, be prepared to have roadblocks in your path if you want to watch a hockey game.

http://www.foxsports.com/tennessee/stor ... ans-011015
my5cents
Guru

Re: NHL team limits ticket sales to out of town fans

Post by my5cents »

What a stupid thing to do !

April fools day isn't for a couple of months, is this a joke ?

Anyone who has ever been at a Vancouver Canucks game vs Montreal in the past has seen likely a majority or close to, of Montreal fans. That doesn't even necessarily mean the fans are from Quebec, they are just Habs fans.

I've attended a Canucks vs "Phoenix" Coyotes game (now called the "Arizona Coyotes"), in their home rink in Glendale Arizona, (ya strange eh ?) the majority of fans were Canucks fans, but I'm sure the money the team made from the gate and food sold, spent the same for the club.

So how do you police this ? If I live in Nashville, I can buy one game, but if I'm calling from a different city, I have to buy a selection of games ? What if I live in Nashville and I cheer for the Canucks, do I get thrown out ??
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This is another area the salary cap has helped smaller markets teams, just before the cap was put into place Nashville was on the edge of bankruptcy.

Now they can tell out of towner's to go blank themselves. Of course the proof is in the puddling i.e live telecasts just to see if they do have full house or not. I have watched few games from US NHL locations with large areas of empty seats, most notably at the "Joe" /hockeytown.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Buy from scalpers... no problem.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:Buy from scalpers... no problem.

Even better...don't go.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”