Nascar Fans?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
driveangry
Übergod

Nascar Fans?

Post by driveangry »

What do you think about Dumb and Dumber ?

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#130588
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Nascar Fans ??

Post by gman313 »

A couple of nut jobs. Especially him.
Last edited by gman313 on Mar 14th, 2015, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
WRG

Post by WRG »

Now that the whole world has seen through NASCAR's attempt to boast tv ratings and seat sales by putting one of least talented drivers ever into the series because of gender only, these two are perfect to create the next big drama sideshow.

I can see these two getting their own NASCAR approved reality series to air right along with all the others on the History Channel. That should help sell some tickets this season now that the #10 car is no longer the novelty it once was.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

That should help sell some tickets this season now that the #10 car is no longer the novelty it once was.

lol i would love see you go 10 laps with danica
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

gman313 wrote:A couple of nut jobs. Especially him.

She makes a hot assassin though

not hot by a mile,one lap around orchard park mall and you will see at least 20 better looking females then here lol
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Nascar Fans?

Post by GordonH »

Around... around... around... around... around... they go.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

GordonH wrote:Around... around... around... around... around... they go.

And hockey is just a bunch of guys chasing a puck around, right?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Around... around... around... around... around... they go.

JayByrd wrote:And hockey is just a bunch of guys chasing a puck around, right?

I find team (hockey, football etc... etc) & individual sports like golf, more entertaining than a car going around a track couple hundred times.
To each their own, I guess.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

GordonH wrote:I find team (hockey, football etc... etc) & individual sports like golf, more entertaining than a car going around a track couple hundred times.
To each their own, I guess.

But that's my point. You can make anything sound boring if you describe it that way. I don't think golf has anything close to what you get when Cup cars come down a straightaway three wide, but that's because I don't really understand or care for golf. I understand the strategies, personalities, and variables in Cup racing, so it's not just "cars going round a track" for me.

I appreciate the sport, but have found I just don't have time to watch the races because they're so long.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

What's the average ice time for a NHL hockey player per game ?? 15 - 20 minutes ??

Try wheeling a 3300 lb car around a 2.5 mile track at over 200 mph for 3 hours. Or better yet, try it at your local track. A fraction of the speed on a 1/4 mile track, then lets talk.
WRG

Post by WRG »

lol i would love see you go 10 laps with danica

You have found a way for the #10 car to win! My Dodge Ram pickup is no match.

After finishing 27th in 2013 and slipping back a place to 28th last season, there isn't much to hope for 2015.

The 28th pace finish last year was in an identical car to the one that won the championship. Even with the very best equipment, you need a huge amount of talent to go to the front. It's just not there with this driver.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Each to his own, soccer is a bore , nfl the same .
opinion2015
Fledgling

Post by opinion2015 »

Love NASCAR and attend at least one new race each year. However to truly enjoy NASCAR you have to see the races live. It is also an opportunity to explore parts of the United States that have always interested us.

Examples:

* Bristol race last summer. Stayed in Nashville for a week. Grand Ole Opry a couple of times. Drove down to Memphis- Beale Street and the Blues. Drove to Lynchburg and toured Jack Daniels Distillery.

* Daytona 500. Stayed in Orlando. Baseball Spring training camps are just opening when the race is over. Went to at least 5 pre-season games. Drove to Tampa and saw a Lightning v. Montreal Canadiens game. Enjoyed the coastline of Daytona Beaacch.

* Phoenix race. Took the golf clubs and did 5 rounds. Saw two Coyotes games. Drove to the Grand Canyon and toured/hiked. Saw a Phoenix Suns game

* Vegas race- it is Vegas baby!

This year we will stay in Washington DC and go to the Dover Race in Delaware in June. We will tour the Washington Monument/White House- see a Washington Nationals game. Drive the Atlantic coast and visit New York and Boston. Hope to catch a Red Sox and/or Yankees game, if there are seats available or affordable.

NASCAR gives us an excuse and opportunity to visit the United States and our thirst for seeing new things.

It is pretty incredible to sit and watch a race (Daytona 500) with 200,000 other people. I realize it is not everyone's cup of tea, but a good excuse to explore...
Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.
Hubert H. Humphrey
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

For the Daytona 500, Earnhardt qualified at 202 MPH. At least two drivers ran over 200 MPH in 1970. Maybe they could ease up on the restrictions just a little ?
Black Dogs Matter
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

dogspoiler wrote:For the Daytona 500, Earnhardt qualified at 202 MPH. At least two drivers ran over 200 MPH in 1970. Maybe they could ease up on the restrictions just a little ?

What would you suggest ? Remove the restrictor plate ? Might break up the pack racing but could increase speeds without changing the aero package.

At least the cars are safer than they were in the '70's.

JR was fun to watch, he sure schooled JJ.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”