Racing is one step closer in South Okanagan

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Racing is one step closer in South Okanagan

Post by GordonH »

32,000 acres is large chunk of land owned by OIB, chance are this track in on OIB land.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

There's a video clip with this news report showing the track layout.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1781414/motorsport-racetrack-gets-green-light/
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

...Drossos, the co-founder of the corporation, along with racing legend Jacques Villeneuve, recently celebrated a milestone in completing the designation process with the Osoyoos Indian Band. The multi-million dollar motorsports club will be located on band land – on a bench southeast of Oliver off NK-Mip Road.

The corporation has jointly achieved final approval for the 277-acre site for a period of 110 years.

Drossos said they are working on a lease with the federal government and finalizing the engineering of the five-kilometre (three-mile) track with 16 corners.

Drossos said Area 27 is really three things. First, it’s a country club for car enthusiasts, who will be able to truly experience what their sports cars can do without getting into trouble (and without the speeding tickets).

The second aspect that Area 27 will focus on is the driving academy, a place of learning, Drossos pointed out.

It will also be a corporate entertainment facility, where car companies and dealerships can train their sales teams.

The third aspect is probably the most exciting one for the general public. Drossos said they will host special events throughout the year, such as car shows and races.

Of significant interest will be a go-kart track, where members of the public can drive high-performance karts for about $25 (that will get you a helmet, suit and approximately 15 minutes of driving time)...

http://www.oliverchronicle.com/area-27-final-laps-engineering-design/
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

GordonH wrote:32,000 acres is large chunk of land owned by OIB, chance are this track in on OIB land.

I think you misunderstood me. Yes it's on OIB reserve. CP land is land owned by a band member. Certificate of Possession. Not saying for sure that it's on CP land.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ I did, my mistake.

I thought CP stood for something else.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”