Big White Updates

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Fixer 166
Guru

Big White Updates

Post by Fixer 166 »

A thread for Big White updates. How are the snow conditions? Any neat events/races going on?

As of yesterday it was icy and bullet proof hard pack. Some places the ice runs have stared turning into the clear ice. Very little edge control.

Please snow.
(insert little snow dance guy)
Every Relationship Is Give & Give
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Big White

Post by Glacier »

Better than the ski mountains down on the south coast...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Fireworks tomorrow night 8pm ish.
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Great conditions with the fresh snow.
What's the best run? What's your fav?
My daughters fav is Dragons Tounge, she's 8.
Mike6921
Fledgling

Re: Big White Updates

Post by Mike6921 »

Big White live weather cam:

rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Since there are no negative posts allowed in regards to businesses, I would guess if you came back and said it sucked, it would get deleted. I would recommend other forms of social media to find out what people really think such as twitter, facebook,et al..
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

I'm sure you're allowed to say the snow sucks.
Big White as a business, resort and best family resort in Canada is absolutely fantastic.
Hopefully they get the weather to bring a bit colder temps and a few more big dumps.
Get your snow dance on, going up this weekend.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Of course people can say the snow sucks, lol.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I made the mistake of taking my wife to Big White to teach her to ski. She was left with the impression that skiing was the worst idea on earth as it was the most extreme and windiest weather I've ever seen on any ski mountain. Compete blizzard whiteout. I've been told that this happens quite a bit at Big White.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

The nickname used to be Big Whiteout, lol. I've had awesome experiences there,though, along with some terrible ones - it is par for the course on most ski hills simply because mountain weather can get flaky (hahaha) in more ways than one.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Last weekend was horrible. We did one run . All the chairs were closed except for the ridge , village , tee and one other . Huge waste of funds . The lineups were a hundred people long because all the chairs were iced up . Freezing rain , couldn't see anything . The last couple weekends were great though . Hope this one is better . Big whites weather forcast is very misleading . No matter the weather they tuck a sun behind it . And the blizzards are only early morning or at night . Always possibly sunny .
Strong and free
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I for one don't mind icy . As long as it's groomed . Usually loosens up throughout the day . We all have great equipment so control isn't an issue . Can't be much fun for snowboarders .
Strong and free
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Jo wrote:The nickname used to be Big Whiteout, lol. I've had awesome experiences there,though, along with some terrible ones - it is par for the course on most ski hills simply because mountain weather can get flaky (hahaha) in more ways than one.

I've skiied Sunpeaks dozens of times, and never had bad weather. Maybe I just got lucky.
- Douglas Murray
Fixer 166
Guru

Post by Fixer 166 »

Pretty scrapy. The only soft snow we found was the snow freshly scraped off by the snowboarder before you. Looked fast on the boardercross track. Bet the ski patrol was busy.
It's melting fast.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

love big white

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”