Anything-UFC

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Anything-UFC

Post by Corneliousrooster »

KELOWNA PROPERTIES wrote:Thanks Woodenhead for the research on my questions. Mr. Woodley is now become one of my favorite gentlemen fighters.

Very impressed with Woodley's sportsmanship. Rumble Johnson was a very humble winner in his bout against Gustaffson a couple of weeks ago too. It would be nice if these attitudes got a little more media spotlight instead of all the show boats and bad attitudes.

Definitly rooting for Rumble against Jon Jones - i think jones may finally have to eat some humble pie..... (hopefully)
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

he"s good but I am not a fan of jones at all, and imo gustaffson beat jones in there fight last year
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

the truth wrote:imo gustaffson beat jones in there fight last year

Agreed!

I was looking forward to the re-match and was very suprised how decisively Anthony johnson was able to finish Gustaffson - I don't think jones has been hit with the power that Rumble is dishing out, should be a great fight
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Woodenhead wrote:Kelvin has had weight cut problems before; I don't think this was his first missed cut. (IMO guys like him shouldn't cut at all) Anyway, he gives up 30% of his purse. But Woodley, in an interview after, said he was going to give it all back to Kelvin:

For missing weight, Gastelum was supposed to forfeit 30 percent of his purse to his opponent. However, in a generous change of heart, “The Chosen One” has elected to return those lost wages to the man he defeated.

“The kid lost. It was his first loss. He’s not going to get his win bonus. Dana White’s probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He’s probably *bleep* off at himself. I just can’t find it in my heart to do that right now,” Woodley said. “I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it.”

Gastelum was down to within 3lbs of his weight class limit, but was suffering from the remnants of that nasty flu that had been going around, he fainted and basically couldn't get back up, he was taken to the hospital and had several bags (and pounds) of intravenous fluids administered. The real mystery is why didn't he withdraw from the fight, and how did he do as well as he did. Probably needed the money, even less 30%.

Diaz/Silva was a bit of a snoozer, Silva was tentative due to his two losses and nasty broken leg. Diaz "thought he was winning because he was coming forward" his corner should have told him he needed to do more, but apparently didn't.
On a different forum
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Daspoot wrote:Diaz/Silva was a bit of a snoozer, Silva was tentative due to his two losses and nasty broken leg. Diaz "thought he was winning because he was coming forward" his corner should have told him he needed to do more, but apparently didn't.

He did everything he could but beating a roid monkey is not an easy task, especially one as talented as Silva. I really hope Silva has the win taken from him and is forced to forfeit the money he made. He's a massive walking contradiction and has openly stated that people who take PED's should be banned from the sport. Lets see if he takes his own advice and leaves the sport. I really hope he does....what an embarrassment to MMA when your most highly praised athlete turns out to be just another juicer.
HENRI FONTAINE

Post by HENRI FONTAINE »

I noticed today on ufc.com scheduled events, that the April 25th fights in Montreal are not featuring Rory McDonald as the Co-Main event. They now have Demetrious Johnson fighting some Japanese fellow. How disappointing to not see Rory on the fight card. What happened?
HENRI FONTAINE

Post by HENRI FONTAINE »

O.K. After a little searching..... I now have a bit of an explanation to why Rory is not on the Co-Main event on April 25th. For more information, visit a great site www.mmajunkie.com They have the story on this recent breaking news.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

KELOWNA PROPERTIES wrote:I noticed today on ufc.com scheduled events, that the April 25th fights in Montreal are not featuring Rory McDonald as the Co-Main event. They now have Demetrious Johnson fighting some Japanese fellow. How disappointing to not see Rory on the fight card. What happened?

His opposite got busted for PED's, So did Anderson Silva, Nick Diaz got busted for marijuana. Both had to forfeit 30% of the purse.
HENRI FONTAINE

Post by HENRI FONTAINE »

Does this mean that Rory will have a re-match title fight with Robbie Lawler?
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

KELOWNA PROPERTIES wrote:Does this mean that Rory will have a re-match title fight with Robbie Lawler?

Looking that way- http://www.ufc.ca/news/Lawler-MacDonald ... or-UFC-189
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

nice-its about time...go rory go
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
HENRI FONTAINE

Post by HENRI FONTAINE »

This coming Sunday, Feb. 22nd. On TSN 2, watch the prelims at 3:00 p.m. Local Kelowna fighter Matt Dwyer is on the fight card. This event is live in Brazil. Hope our local talent pulls off a WIN!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Do you know if it will be streamed?
I haven't failed until I quit.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i am pretty sure its free on tv
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

We don't have tv service of any kind - we cut it about 12 years ago. Initially because of budget, and never got it back because kids behaved much better, I got more done, and we were still able to see the few shows we liked through other means.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”