Go Sarah go

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Go Sarah go

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?play ... pId=547345

Canada AM: Canadian girl to race at Daytona
driveangry
Übergod

Re: Go Sarah go

Post by driveangry »

Will be cheering for her. According to my guide she will be on TV on the 14th @ 1pm on Speed channel.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

good for her........bring back a win
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Midnite
Fledgling

Post by Midnite »

Well she lost a motor in morning practice but she is starting 33rd in a field of 40. Must be nervous and excited. Sure hope she has a good run tomorrow.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

she got the funding from sponsors to race in the arca series and thats going to be amazing cheering for her

http://xn--frstrowsports-39b.eu/moto_gp

might be able to watch the stream on that link if you cant get fox sports
April lady

Post by April lady »

Race just finished, although you didn't get to see her very much...it was an awesome experience for her!!! Car trouble at the beginning, but she raced hard and finished with a clean car. Look forward to watching her more and more!!!

Vernon fan!!
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

Race results can be seen here:
http://www.arcaracing.com/events/196672 ... ce_results

She was out for five laps due to mechanical issues. I think she did tremendously! And I am super happy for her that she has a multi-year contract!

Awesome job!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

We've been following her on facebook for a couple of years, ever since seeing her beat the tar out of the male drivers up in Vernon. Daughter got her autograph, and a role model I'm pleased with.
I haven't failed until I quit.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Way to go Girl. Love reading about you and watching you race.

Sarah Cornett-Ching had something to prove, Saturday, in the ARCA Mobile 200.

The young Summerland racecar driver overcame early adversity in her short-track debut.

"I had no way to actually grasp how different this would be than anything I'd done before," Cornett-Ching said of the 200-lap race in Mobile, Ala. "When the green flag dropped, it was trial by fire."

Practice and qualifying was washed out by torrential rains, so the only experience Cornett-Ching had on the tricky oval was in a test session the week prior.

Early in the race, her car was damaged after contact with another driver. And it got worse from there.

"With no outside wall in the corners, I slid down an embankment," said Cornett-Ching. "It took three attempts to get back up to the track because the ground was so wet from rain the days before. I could hear the crowd from inside the car when I finally made it back on track."

The car was damaged, but not broken, and Cornett-Ching's popularity with the Alabama fans was obvious from the cheers and long line for autographs after the race. She was still signing autographs an hour and a half after the race, and was the last driver to put the pen down once race fans cleared the garage area in time for the haulers to exit.

Though laps down, the team made repairs, and she finished in the 14th position.

"I am impressed by Sarah's calmness in the car," said team manger Tony Blanchard. "Her demeanor allowed her to listen and try different techniques behind the wheel that helped the handling of a damaged race car."

"When I climb into the race car and take it all in I feel at home," said Cornett-Ching. "But everything is different. At this premier level the cars drive differently. They react differently. Even the smell of the synthetic oils and burning rubber smells different. It's better than any perfume."

The team competes next at the historic Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, Tenn., in April
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Sara finishes 12th yesterday in Salem, Federated Auto Parts 200
http://www.arcaracing.com/
9th in points
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

She`s now in 7th in points after Talladega.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Points/standings as of June 12th.

1 Enfinger, Grant 2015
2 Hessert, Tom 1960
3 Williams, Josh 1955
4 Self, Austin Wayne 1890
5 Levine, David 1840
6 Cornett-Ching, Sarah 1635
6 LeMastus, Bo 1635
8 Praytor, Thomas 1630
9 Hamiton, Jr., Bobby 1570
10 Swanson, James 1360

Damm she is doing amazing for never having raced on these tracks. Go Sarah.
WRG

Post by WRG »

Did a steady drive through the field from a last place starting position in Chicagoland after missing the driver's meeting and was penalized by being sent to the back of the grid.

With a little help from the attrition of the field managed to get an eighth place finish to be sixth in the overall points standings. It's a real shame for the team that they had to start at the rear for such an unnecessary reason. Hopefully a lesson has been learned and Sarah will not forget that racing is a team sport.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”