A glimpse of spring

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: A glimpse of spring

Post by GordonH »

Hmm.... Kelowna or Toronto, I'm okay with either(cold or warm, hot only with AC).
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thank God we aren't on the Eastern Seaboard with tonnes of snow burying them in Boston, MA. I get it that we aren't there. My snowdrops are blooming now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Queen K wrote:Not to snow on everyone's parade, but last year, around March 14th, we had a heavy snowfall.

Having said that, my parsley is green again!

That's exactly what I thought when they were showing pictures of people out pruning trees and cedar hedges...uh...it's only the middle of February.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote:Thank God we aren't on the Eastern Seaboard with tonnes of snow burying them in Boston, MA. I get it that we aren't there. My snowdrops are blooming now.

Ditto that! I have crocuses and snowdrops in bloom, tulips, daffodils and hyacinths poking above ground. I spent part of each day on the weekend doing a bit of yard cleanup - not done yet but getting close. This weather keeps up and I'll be able to start with turning over the garden beds, sowing a manure crop of peas and just getting ready for planting. I probably won't put the tender plants out until May long weekend, but chard can go in earlier (mine never overwinters) and carrots and beets as well.
I haven't failed until I quit.
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

I've turned over my beds and they are full of fat happy leaf eating worms already. The Greenery opens in 3 weeks! Neighbour farmers tell me we have had other early springs like this but that the summers have been cool and wet. Sure hope it doesn't happen this year like that. I would love a warm early spring and a moderate summer without the crazy high temperatures that make it miserable to be outside.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

Laid on couch and watched movies, had to close the blinds, it was too bright on the screen. Great.day.
Going today, hear tommorow
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

It's OK to prune trees now.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

I've been mountain biking, mountain biking and more mountain biking. Great conditions. Does not seem like there was any frost in the ground this year. Usually have to wait when the frost melts it leaves a layer of slickness over hard ground and it can be easy to leave deep ruts in the trails. This year once the snow melted, we went to tacky goodness. Love it.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”