Turfed For Being Too Good - Vernon Minor Hockey

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Turfed For Being Too Good - Vernon Minor Hockey

Post by Treblehook »

This news story, appearing on Castanet today, is absolutely typical of the kind of politics that can [and occasionally does] happen within our minor hockey associations across Canada. I had a very similar experience with my own son when he was at the Atom age in Manitoba. At any rate, those coaches and officials who took part in or contributed to the decision to keep this young man from playing house league hockey this year ought to be totally ashamed of themselves. Disgusting.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Turfed For Being Too Good - Vernon Minor Hockey

Post by phasyluck »

Most of the minor hockey is not run properly in the Okanagan, JMHO.
Sure do love Rutland!!
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

go read the original story as told by the coach of this team.The other coaches and all the idiots behind minor hockey are well just that idiots they did not even follow their own rules and regulations
If this 19 year old was really that good the Kelowna rockets or the vipers would have had him on their teams
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

wanderingman wrote:go read the original story as told by the coach of this team.The other coaches and all the idiots behind minor hockey are well just that idiots they did not even follow their own rules and regulations
If this 19 year old was really that good the Kelowna rockets or the vipers would have had him on their teams

Sure would be nice to read the story...

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/134 ... g-too-good

The only thing suggesting he is TOO good is the title.
But the fight over Gallant’s eligibility made it all the way to Hockey Canada.

I'd suggest if he was a supper star, who ever has his right would have tried to get him playing for their team.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”