Canucks celebrate life of Pat Quinn

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Canucks celebrate life of Pat Quinn

Post by oneh2obabe »

The ceremony features dignitaries – wearing their team jerseys – that included Cliff Fletcher repping the Atlanta Flames, where Quinn played for five seasons; Bobby Clarke of the Philadelphia Flyers; whom Quinn coached; and Markus Naslund of the Canucks, whom Quinn acquired in one of the most lopsided trades in NHL history.

But the biggest ovation came for a trio of Vancouver hockey legends: Team president Trevor Linden, former goalie Kirk McLean and Hall of Famer Pavel Bure, whose presence made the crowd explode. All three helped the Canucks make the 1994 Stanley Cup Final.

The ceremony included Quinn’s wife and children, and an rendition of “When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.”

Well done, Vancouver. And what a tribute to Pat Quinn to have so many from the hockey world there to honor his memory.

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Canucks celebrate life of Pat Quinn

Post by GordonH »

^^^ It was a very fitting game to do so since Vancouver & Philadelphia was the 2 teams he coach to the Stanley Cup finals + being St. Patricks day. Thanks for all the memories to the Big Irish-man
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
starslord

Re: Canucks celebrate life of Pat Quinn

Post by starslord »

To those who knew him best, St. Patrick's Day was a fitting time to celebrate the life of Pat Quinn, known as The Big Irishman and esixsigma.org a man ...

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”