WHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: WHL

Post by MAPearce »

Well... I'm over it now.. The good news is that I can still watch and listen to hockey..

The bad news is , the doctor says I can take hockey in small doses only...

damned Rockets...

That was an amazing game that I could have only dreamed of being at ...with portable defibrillator ..

Go Rockets !!
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Tonights game:

Kelowna has the advantage of playoff experience.

imo keys stay away from penalty box & use our speed, dictate our style of hockey.

Kelowna average height 6'1"
Seattle average height 5'11"

Kelowna average weight 183lbs
Seattle average weight 197lbs

Added later: Shaw is airing the Eastern Conference Finals
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

With this not being on Shaw, is there any other way to watch it at home? I see a site called "WHL Live" but it seems to have mixed reviews as far as quality and has no app for our smart TV or chromecast.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Scadam wrote:With this not being on Shaw, is there any other way to watch it at home? I see a site called "WHL Live" but it seems to have mixed reviews as far as quality and has no app for our smart TV or chromecast.

WHL Live @ $7.99 per/game or $29.95 for round 3, is about it for watching (or take your chances with walk up). Free to listen to 1150 am radio (my preferred choice) via computer/tablet or cellphone.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

GordonH wrote:Free to listen to 1150 am radio (my preferred choice) via computer/tablet or cellphone.

Me too. GO ROCKETS GO!!!!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Game 1 goes to Seattle
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

GordonH wrote:Game 1 goes to Seattle
Last time these two teams met in the playoffs the Rockets lost the first three and then stormed back to win four straight. They'd better not be counting on doing that this time though because this Thunderbird team is far better than the one that coughed up the 3-0 lead a few years ago.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Urbane wrote:Last time these two teams met in the playoffs the Rockets lost the first three and then stormed back to win four straight. They'd better not be counting on doing that this time though because this Thunderbird team is far better than the one that coughed up the 3-0 lead a few years ago.

Exactly, looking at Landon Bow (Seattle goaltender) was brought in on a trade at deadline from Swift Current. To help Seattle go deep into the playoffs.

GAA of 2.49 4th in WHL
Save % .923 2nd in WHL

Kelowna has its work cut out for them in this round, those numbers are regular season. Usually goaltenders step it up a bit more in the playoffs.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It would be good to be tied going to Seattle

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna is now down 2 game, heading to Seattle.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

What a crappy goal to lose on. Going down 2-0 heading to Seattle is not good. Need to win game 3 now. Positive is rockets have not been playing bad, just Seattle has been 1 uping us.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:What a crappy goal to lose on. Going down 2-0 heading to Seattle is not good. Need to win game 3 now. Positive is rockets have not been playing bad, just Seattle has been 1 uping us.

The team that beat Kamloops then Victoria needs to show up in Seattle.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Game #3
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Well down 3-0 now in the series. I don't think we are going to be making the comeback against Seattle like they did a few years ago.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Well down 3-0 now in the series. I don't think we are going to be making the comeback against Seattle like they did a few years ago.

As much as I want to see Kelowna move on to WHL finals, there chances of winning 4 straight is slim. Hey anything can happen, at this point I rather not see a swept by Seattle.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”