Motorsports falls from television in Canada

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
driveangry
Übergod

Motorsports falls from television in Canada

Post by driveangry »

How very sad,,,

http://www.motorsport.com/general/news/ ... in-canada/

They remove a channel that gets used often but they leave me about 300 channels of crap.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Motorsports falls from television in Canada

Post by Bsuds »

Apparently you didn't watch it enough.

If I want to watch cars go round and round I can go sit by one of our traffic circles. There's more entertainment watching people try and figure them out. lol
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

If I want to see pit strategy, three-wide racing, and green-white-checker finishes, I can only get that through actual racing. Sort of like how the Jim Stuart Park ice rink isn't a replacement for NHL hockey.

I'm a Telus subscriber, and I missed Speed the moment they dropped it. This is a sad development, but if the viewership in Canada isn't there, then it isn't there. It would be nice if there was an option for serious race fans (they do exist, even in Western Canada) to get coverage, even if it meant paying a little extra.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

The good news is that almost every race is covered on american networks like Fox and there are also options for watching any race online. So no reason for anyone to miss any race at all.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Danielson99 wrote:The good news is that almost every race is covered on american networks like Fox and there are also options for watching any race online. So no reason for anyone to miss any race at all.

TSN shows all the CUP and Xfinity races. But I also like watching practice, qualifying, Truck, CDN Tire series, RaceHub, and a few others that were only on Speed.

TSN did show CUP qualifying last race weekend, hopefully it will continue and they will add some practice air time. They have enough TSN channels, one for Motorsports only would be nice. Having 5 TSN channels showing Darts at the same time is ridicules.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

JayByrd wrote:If I want to see pit strategy, three-wide racing, and green-white-checker finishes, I can only get that through actual racing. Sort of like how the Jim Stuart Park ice rink isn't a replacement for NHL hockey.

I'm a Telus subscriber, and I missed Speed the moment they dropped it. This is a sad development, but if the viewership in Canada isn't there, then it isn't there. It would be nice if there was an option for serious race fans (they do exist, even in Western Canada) to get coverage, even if it meant paying a little extra.

I would have to question the providers about viewership, considering how many Canadians ( especially from the West) that travel to Vegas, Phoenix, and California just for Nascar.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I have no idea what the actual numbers are...what I meant is, whatever the viewership is, it wasn't satisfactory to the cable providers here.

I suspect too that the demographic that watches televised auto racing here is an older one, which is not the most lucrative audience to advertise to. That may not be a deal-breaker but it could be a contributing factor.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Danielson99 wrote:The good news is that almost every race is covered on american networks like Fox

Looks like you didn't read the article because I think they were dropped and that was what the OP was complaining about.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Bsuds wrote:
Looks like you didn't read the article because I think they were dropped and that was what the OP was complaining about.

Looks like you don't watch racing because he means the main FOX network. It's the FOX sports channel that we no longer receive.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

TSN is showing FS1, they are showing practice and qualifying. But you have to catch it when it's on, no repeating it like Speed did. Better than nothing. Hope they show the Truck races and ARCA.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ TSN has large chunks of time since they lost most of their NHL (all of the Play-offs) telecasts to Sportsnet. Of course they may fill it with darts &/or poker.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”