Round 1 of 2015 NHL Play-off's >>Poll<<

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.

Who do you feel/believe will move on to Round 2

Poll ended at Apr 17th, 2015, 8:53 pm

New York Rangers or
12%
Pittsburgh Penguins
1%
Washington Capitals or
7%
New York Islanders
5%
Montreal Canadiens or
8%
Ottawa Senators
5%
Tampa Bay Lightning or
9%
Detroit Red Wings
2%
Anaheim Ducks or
6%
Winnipeg Jets
7%
Vancouver Canucks or
7%
Calgary Flames
6%
St Louis Blues or
7%
Minnesota Wild
5%
Nashville Predators or
4%
Chicago Blackhawks
9%

Total votes: 183

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Round 1 of 2015 NHL Play-off's >>Poll<<

Post by the truth »

alfred2 wrote:flames have passion canucks follow their so called leaders the twins , no heart no passion, they are like robots that the battery has run down. over the years the coaches have learned how to stop them, they play the same game after game do not get better come playoff time.

i think they have passion for hockey, but the stanley cup is a canadian dream, we would die for it-lol- overseas player are more interested in a olympic gold imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Yep, coach Willie screwed up by not starting Miller from beginning. Miller stopped 15 of 15, Lack was scored on 3 of 7.
Game 5 is must win for Canucks so they had better start there #1 goalie.

JayByrd wrote:That's a pretty small sample size to make a goaltending decision on. If you're going to go that way, you can't ignore that Miller only stopped 23 of 28 in his last start. Eddie Lack earned this opportunity, and goaltending has been the least of the Canucks' worries in this series.

The big question here is, can they really dress Kevin Bieksa for Game 5, or ever again for that matter? At least there'll be someone other than the goaltender to blame for the team's struggles this spring. That will be refreshing.

Does not matter since Miller did his part, meanwhile the rest of the team could not score sounds familiar.

alfred2 wrote:do not blame the goalies, forwards back checking was bad, defence poor, offence an f. they are too slow, twins should have been traded instead of given a new contract. get some young blood, twins have no passion for the cup.

Well, Mike Gillis did like to give out NTC & NMC. So the present management are handcuffed in doing anything unless twins & Bieksa wants a trade.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Ottawa held off elimination, its not looking the same for Winnipeg.

If Anaheim gets the sweep they will meet the winner of the Calgary vs Vancouver series, which is looking like Calgary.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I've noticed something about this play-offs, start times of games especially Calgary vs Vancouver. Even though Calgary is 1 hour ahead start time for both locations is 7pm PST.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Curious question HNIC host George Stroumboulopoulos, why does no one inform him to get a jacket that actual fits him. lol
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

he is a showman, he thinks he is cool. i wish he would not talk as fast as he does , you can only understand half of what he says.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Ottawa is fighting back, 5 to 1 in the home of the Canadeins. Hell of a game
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Ottawa is fighting back, 5 to 1 in the home of the Canadeins. Hell of a game

Pittsburgh Penguins have been eliminated, New York Rangers will meet the winner between New York Islanders or Washington Capitals.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Does Calgary have whats needed to beat Anaheim.

Congratulations on your win
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This series with the Ducks will be tough but is doable if the Flames play their game.

Let's see what happens.

Go Flames Go!!
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

mexicalidreamer wrote:This series with the Ducks will be tough but is doable if the Flames play their game.

Let's see what happens.

Go Flames Go!!

Calgary better use their speed, cause they will lose the hitting game if try that on the bigger Ducks team.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ducks win in 6 max.but I hope flames win
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Half of the first round series are over, 2 more could come to an end Sunday the other 2 on Monday.

I'm hoping Ottawa pushes back & causes a game 7, back in Montreal.

Added: If the Islanders lose in Washington then Saturday game was the very last at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. I remember the 4 straight Cup wins. Last team to 3-peat +1
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

CATEGORY VAN CGY
Power Plays 1/2 1/3
Hits 15 32
Faceoff Wins 35 34
Giveaways 6 8
Takeaways 7 10
Blocked Shots 11 23
Penalty Minutes 6 4

Game stats from last night. Pretty even except for hits and blocked shots.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Hartley for Coach of the Year!!

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”