Best Camping Locations

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
krisandgwen

Best Camping Locations

Post by krisandgwen »

Best locations for camping in the Okanagan? I just bought a trailer, so looking for nice locations to check out this summer. Your ideas and experiences appreciated! I don't mind driving a little ways, maybe 4 hours tops. BUt prefer within a couple. Fishing/beaching/biking/Campfires/zen

Thanks! :)
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Re: Best Camping Locations

Post by Tacklewasher »

Provincial sites, but forget Bear Creek. Impossible to get a spot. Reserve at Discover camping (goole it, I don't have the site handy)

Are you dry camping, need power and hookups, care about gravel roads, size of unit and tow vehicle?

Where you camp depends a lot on what you have. Years back I could take my 19' trailer anywhere, but my current one is over 30' and hasn't seen much gravel at all.
krisandgwen

Post by krisandgwen »

Hey Wpg Jets! I'm from Wpg too. :) It's a 70's Jayco 14' trailer towed by Toyota 4runner. Dry camping is fine and so are gravel roads.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

I suggest going to Canadian Tire or many other local stores and picking up a copy of the BC Backroad Mapbooks. They show you everything you need to know about the local camping spots, lakes, fishing..whatever it might be. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of places you can go camping within' 4 hours drive of Kelowna. It's all about experimenting and finding your own favorite I guess. I've been to dozens of lakes in the area and for the mostpart they are all very similar and enjoyable.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”