Professional Sports Arenas & Stadiums

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Professional Sports Arena's & Stadiums

Post by Thinktank »

IN Poland the taxpayers lost $billions building stadiums for soccer.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Thinktank wrote:IN Poland the taxpayers lost $billions building stadiums for soccer.

Taxpayers always lose money building stadiums. The only one's that don't are where the city actually owns the team too. If you have no way of generating revenue, how do you make the money back? You don't.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Just have to look at any Crown Corporation in this country to know Government makes for very bad business owners. This teams would all be totally screwed up in no time, more so then some are now.

Danielson99 wrote:Actually it's the exact opposite. The Green Bay Packers, Edmonton Eskimos, Saskatchewan Roughriders, Winnipeg Blue Bombers and many teams in the WHL are all owned by their city in one way or another. In Europe many of the most successful football "soccer" teams are owned by their cities.

Wonder if NHL or MLB would be open to this, reason I ask about MLB is BC Place sits unused. They should try to get a National League team, meaning the City.
With the new arena coming in Edmonton have that City take over. Of course knowing NHL doubtful they would be going for that.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”