Fishing report

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Fishing report

Post by waynetyea »

fished tauris lake out of beaverdel on 25 april 2015 and the fishing was real good but the weather was a little cool. they took small to big flys leech and a few others we just trolled around there was some campers already. hey has anyone gone up to island lake or any of the lakes on the connector if so lets hear about it
oko11
Fledgling

Re: fishing report

Post by oko11 »

what size fish did you catch? rainbow? do you know if specs lake is open yet....or jackpine
Swoop
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Fishing report

Post by Swoop »

waynetyea wrote:fished tauris lake out of beaverdel on 25 april 2015 and the fishing was real good but the weather was a little cool. they took small to big flys leech and a few others we just trolled around there was some campers already. hey has anyone gone up to island lake or any of the lakes on the connector if so lets hear about it

...I believe as of last week Headwaters still had partial ice - not 100% sure...
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

Haven't tried any local lakes yet, but Jones lake just a few minutes south of Hope has been pretty hot. Got 1 nice sized cutthroat, 1 smaller one, a kokanee and 4 smallish rainbows between the two of us one evening last week. Had luck with wedding band/worm, muddler minnow and bingo bug.
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

I was up at Brown lake today and caught a 4 pound shy brown trout using a live crotch bug.
KK69

Post by KK69 »

Those crotch bugs are amazing. Never let a good fisherman down. My wife actually has a new batch growing as we speak. Like the warm moist environment.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

johnrae wrote:I was up at Brown lake today and caught a 4 pound shy brown trout using a live crotch bug.

Are you talking about Browne Lake up by McCulloch?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
zerograv
Banned

Post by zerograv »

anybody been up to tunkwa?
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.
waynetyea
Fledgling

Post by waynetyea »

just got back from fishing hidden lake and white lake. they sure like the small willow leaf and half a big worm on a 1.5-2 foot leader. lots of weekenders and retired guys up there putting on the pressure but thats why. 1 to 3 lbs most real good eating. we ate 4 of the 1.5-2 lbers and boy were they ever good with bellies full of cromys
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Liquidnails wrote:Haven't tried any local lakes yet, but Jones lake just a few minutes south of Hope has been pretty hot. Got 1 nice sized cutthroat, 1 smaller one, a kokanee and 4 smallish rainbows between the two of us one evening last week. Had luck with wedding band/worm, muddler minnow and bingo bug.

Whats the road like up there now?
4x4 heaven up in that area, or used to be.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
waynetyea
Fledgling

Post by waynetyea »

did pretty good at hathume today the 9 may leeches. lots of jumpers got one keeper and a few 1-2 lbs. the road was dry and the snow was mostlly all gone around the lake however there still was quite a bit of snow on the north facing slopes on the south side of the hwy 97c
waynetyea
Fledgling

Post by waynetyea »

was up at elkheart lake on friday 31 july .. lots of jumpers and we even caught a few but nada 12''+ . the campsites were both full the weather was real hot and the boat launch area was not that good for boats, i seen em jumping upto 18''. better na skunk
waynetyea
Fledgling

Post by waynetyea »

well its the 25 feb 2016 and im already thinking about white lake by salmon arm.. has any body heard is the ice off yet

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”