Memorial Cup

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Re: Memorial Cup

Post by Straight Shooter »

My worst fear if the Rimouski score a fifth or sixth goal that Quebec may pull their goalie but.........na
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Okay, round 2 tomorrow. Tenderize some more for Friday's game. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Hopefully tomorrows game goes to triple OT lol.

Format in this tournament gets confusing. They way I thought it was is, if Rimouski won today they would play Kelowna in tie breaker game, but I guess thanks to that big win over Rimouski we had the other day we had enough goal differential to get bye into semis.
Life is too sho......
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

no way in hell that the rockets should lose Friday if there playing a team, that is playing there 3rd game in 3 nights
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I like the fact that whoever we face will have played back to back to back when it comes friday.

I second the triple OT game.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Having home ice in this Cup race has been huge, so I will curious to see who gets it for Friday's Semi-finals. Kelowna vs ???, may it go to Rockets.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

My thinking is it should go to the Rockets, they zoomed in there so should be home team but who knows with their rules.
so glad Mem cup will be back on english speaking soil next year, that Roy thing, give me a break, enough of the french.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bubalouie wrote:My thinking is it should go to the Rockets, they zoomed in there so should be home team but who knows with their rules.
so glad Mem cup will be back on english speaking soil next year, that Roy thing, give me a break, enough of the french.

enough of the French ???
you do realize that you live in Canada do you not ????
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

I know perfectly well where I live.........as it is being broadcast across Canada, the least they could have done was had English dubs or whatever you call it.......oh but hey, Patrick did say one sentence of his entire speech in english.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

no big deal really
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bubalouie wrote:I know perfectly well where I live.........as it is being broadcast across Canada, the least they could have done was had English dubs or whatever you call it.......oh but hey, Patrick did say one sentence of his entire speech in english.

Since Sportsnet is not Cpac or news broadcaster they mostly don't have interpeters.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I believe that the higher-seeded team is the "home" team and that would be the Rockets in the semi-final and the Generals in the final. I like the Rockets' chances in the semi-final and if (it's a big IF) the Rockets can truly play their best hockey I like their chances on Sunday. So it's as easy as that - make it to Sunday and play their best on Sunday :)
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Quebec vs Kelowna tomorrow night in semi final game. Hopefully tomorrow night we will get revenge and head to the Memorial Cup Final against Oshawa.

Also: CHL announces Remparts fined $10,000 for comments made by coach Philippe Boucher regarding Memorial Cup officials following May 27 game
Life is too sho......
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Post by Straight Shooter »

[[quote]quote Also: CHL announces Remparts fined $10,000 for comments made by coach Philippe Boucher regarding Memorial Cup officials following May 27 game[/quote

Rockets were fined a measly $500.00 for comments made about the officials after game one on May 22, so sounds a little harse to me.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

jaz301 wrote:Also: CHL announces Remparts fined $10,000 for comments made by coach Philippe Boucher regarding Memorial Cup officials following May 27 game

I find this funny since the Ramparts committed some amazingly offensive infractions that only got them 2 minute penalties that should have been 4 if not 5 and a game.

10K is quite the penalty, but when it looks like you already paid 50K for the refs in other games perhaps they get offended at it when you take it too far and they have no choice but to call you

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”