Memorial Cup

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Memorial Cup

Post by GordonH »

^^^
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I like the 3 goal lead back but do the announcers not like kelowna? So many comments seems to be a note with a slight at the end. Especially calling them the Raiders/Rockets.

edit -4 as I type. Wheeeeee
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

A needed win by Kelowna + goals for total.
Penalty discipline is still an issue, needs to be addressed.

Other then that hell of a game
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

tomorrows game should be a good one
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Anyone else think the reffing has not been that great? Now yes there has there has been times where rockets took stupid penalties; but how many times did a rockets guy get slashed or hit and then we retaliate and end up getting penalty? I think you either should to send both off or neither.

Anyways as for the game itself, today's win was huge. Rockets bounced back as they have all year and hopefully that momentum will continue tomorrow.

Rockets are now guaranteed at least tie breaker. If rockets win tomorrow they would be guaranteed at least semi final
Life is too sho......
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Awesome win for the boys and hope they keep it up. Yes the referring does leave something to be desired.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Best retaliation for poor or bad officiating, is by scoring more goals. Hitting back usually lands them into penalty box.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

go rockets go
beer-check
hot wings -check
daaam two more hrs to wait
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna can punch there ticket to the final (bypass the semi's) game with a win by 2 or more goals
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

jaz301 wrote:Anyone else think the reffing has not been that great?

Overall yes. Not just specifically Kelowna but ya, not great by any means. The drive by elbow the Oshawa player took to the head and they only gave 2 minutes was just terrible. 4 was the absolute minimum there.

Here we go tonight, hope they come big again. IS the 2 goals win due to points for an against plus record? Could not the other team catch that tomorrow?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The Rockets are going to have to up their game if they're to win tonight.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Looking better in the third
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna missed on couple open net shots, now they hope Remparts beat Rimouski tomorrow.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Wow how the rockets weren't able to find the back of the net in the 3rd is unbelievable. I guess we got to hope Quebec beats Rimouski now.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

http://www.mastercardmemorialcup.ca/page/tiebreak

^^^ In the event Rimouski wins tomorrow, hopefully its low scoring game. Reason being Kelowna's goal for / goals against may put us into semi.

Of course this is based on quick look at a 3 way tie and format used (which is bizarre, or I'm very tired)

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”