Memorial Cup

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Re: Memorial Cup

Post by Straight Shooter »

Bowey will probably be the first to say that he played a horrible game and will need to pick things up in their next game. The pressure is on now because their next two games will be against with may be the two finalist for the Memorial Cup. But, one thing we shouldn't do is to count the a Rockets out and they can not afford another loss.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

they are far from done, they have a great team
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Tomorrow game has 2 of bigger teams (size) going at each other.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

2015 MasterCard Memorial Cup Schedule (All times are Pacific) :

Round-Robin Game 1 – Kelowna Rockets 3 vs. Quebec Remparts 4 on Friday May 22 at 4:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 2 – Rimouski Océanic vs. Oshawa Generals on Saturday May 23 at 1:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 3 – Quebec Remparts vs. Oshawa Generals on Sunday May 24 at 1:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 4 – Rimouski Océanic vs. Kelowna Rockets on Monday May 25 at 4:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 5 – Oshawa Generals vs. Kelowna Rockets on Tuesday May 26 at 4:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 6 – Quebec Remparts vs. Rimouski Océanic on Wednesday May 27 at 4:30 pm

Tie-Breaker (if necessary) – Thursday May 28 at 4:30 pm

Semi-Final – Friday May 29 at 4:30 pm (#2 team vs #3 team)

Championship Final – Sunday May 31 time to be confirmed
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I think it rather dismal performance on the part of the officials to have called the misconduct penalties they levied against Draisaitl and Roy at the end of the second period of game one. That kind of incident occurred throughout the game without calls, yet they saw fit to take Kelowna's top player out for ten minutes. Disgusting officiating.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Treblehook wrote:I think it rather dismal performance on the part of the officials to have called the misconduct penalties they levied against Draisaitl and Roy at the end of the second period of game one. That kind of incident occurred throughout the game without calls, yet they saw fit to take Kelowna's top player out for ten minutes. Disgusting officiating.

Yes & no, they were told (warned) to leave the ice. They did not, so Officials sent a message to all teams by giving those penalties. This crap will not be tolerated

Added later: Kelowna has now learned not to complain about officiating. Best way to overcome bad officiating is by winning the game in spite of it.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

The refs give the exact same kind of warnings throughout the games as various scrums occur in front of the nets, etc. 10 minutes misconducts were not handed out during any of the other "incidents" throughout the game where the players failed to comply immediately. If the stripes wanted to send a message, they would easily have assessed unsportsman like conduct penalties and done a whole lot less to potentially IMPACT the outcome of the game. The Memorial Cup is not the place for this kind of BS.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Lack of discipline on the Rockets, cost them game 1.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=39879
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:2015 MasterCard Memorial Cup Schedule (All times are Pacific) :

Round-Robin Game 1 – Kelowna Rockets 3 vs. Quebec Remparts 4 on Friday May 22 at 4:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 2 – Rimouski Océanic 3 vs. Oshawa Generals 4 on Saturday May 23 at 1:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 3 – Quebec Remparts vs. Oshawa Generals on Sunday May 24 at 1:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 4 – Rimouski Océanic vs. Kelowna Rockets on Monday May 25 at 4:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 5 – Oshawa Generals vs. Kelowna Rockets on Tuesday May 26 at 4:30 pm

Round-Robin Game 6 – Quebec Remparts vs. Rimouski Océanic on Wednesday May 27 at 4:30 pm

Tie-Breaker (if necessary) – Thursday May 28 at 4:30 pm

Semi-Final – Friday May 29 at 4:30 pm (#2 team vs #3 team)

Championship Final – Sunday May 31 time to be confirmed
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna has a chance to take 3rd spot with a win tomorrow over Rimouski Océanic .

Based on Oshawa size & speed they are favourites to go undefeated in round robin, only item in there way is Zachary Fucale.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Standings
1) Oshawa Generals 2-0-0 /4 points
2) Quebec Remparts 1-0-1 /2 points
3) Rimouski Océanic 0-0-1 /0 points
4) Kelowna Rockets 0-0-1 /0 points

Like I said Kelowna could take 3rd place with win over Rimouski Océanic tomorrow, then they play Oshawa on Tuesday.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

GordonH wrote:Standings
1) Oshawa Generals 2-0-0 /4 points
2) Quebec Remparts 1-0-1 /2 points
3) Rimouski Océanic 0-0-1 /0 points
4) Kelowna Rockets 0-0-1 /0 points

Like I said Kelowna could take 3rd place with win over Rimouski Océanic tomorrow, then they play Oshawa on Tuesday.

I believe rockets could still get bye into final if they beat Rimouski and Oshawa and then Rimouski beats Quebec on Wednesday.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ They are the 2 biggest team at this tournament & we do play them back to back. First see how we do against Rimouski Océanic tomorrow.

Added: the only player that kept Quebec in the game today was the goalie.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:^^^ They are the 2 biggest team at this tournament & we do play them back to back. First see how we do against Rimouski Océanic tomorrow.

Added: the only player that kept Quebec in the game today was the goalie.

yup habs goalie draft pick-fucale-goalie of the future after price,if oilers had half a brain they would offer habs one of there young guns for fucale,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GO ROCKETS GO

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”