Knox Mountain Hillclimb

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Knox Mountain Hillclimb

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

gman313 wrote:They were letting dogs in at the top no problem. There were five or six just in my area.

And yes I stopped and paid at the bottom gate on the way out.

I'm glad to hear you got in because I have looked into it further and gotten the official scoop from organizers.

I'd made an incorrect assumption in my earlier reply to you.

I was told that since the City of Kelowna made Knox Mountain Park an on leash dog park somewhere around ten years back, Knox Mountain Hillclimb implemented a rule that no dogs were allowed into the event.

The issue which forced that decision was that too many dog owners ignore the on leash rule (I can certainly vouch for that as I saw many where I was posted) and thus hurt the responsible dog owners in the process.

Liability is a huge concern because apparently for the time that Knox Mountain Hillclimb has control of the park, the regional district puts the onus to enforce the on leash rule upon Knox Mountain Hillclimb, so imagine the issue created if some irresponsible dog owner's free roaming dog inadvertently scratched some $100,000 vehicle on display in the show, as but one example.

The dogs that did get in to the event did not come in by means of the main gate, but rather snuck in from other areas, or were let in by uninformed volunteers, and organizers are working hard to find ways to prevent this from happening.

So to repeat, the official position of Knox Mountain Hillclimb is that no dogs are allowed to enter the event.

I apologize again for my earlier misleading response.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”