Knox Mountain Hillclimb

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Knox Mountain Hillclimb

Post by gman313 »

Excited for another hillclimb we go every year.

This year we are dogsitting our friends pug does anyone know if on leash dogs are allowed? I'm not up to speed on the dog rules cause I don't have one
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Knox Mountain Hillclimb

Post by Catri »

Dogs are allowed on leash in Knox Mtn Park. Not sure about at the actual event. Have you noticed folks with dogs there in the years you've gone?
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Catri wrote:Dogs are allowed on leash in Knox Mtn Park. Not sure about at the actual event. Have you noticed folks with dogs there in the years you've gone?

I can't remember....... :)
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

The rules of the park apply to the event so as long as the animal is on a leash you are fine.

Many of the participants have their pets camping with them but they are all anchored to something.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:The rules of the park apply to the event so as long as the animal is on a leash you are fine.

Many of the participants have their pets camping with them but they are all anchored to something.

Thanks!! I think it is a short leash rule in for natural parks. Appreciate the tip!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Yes short leash would no doubt be preferable in such a situation, particularly if you enter the pit area where vehicles are constantly on the move.

Hope you enjoy your visit there and bring some friends, the more the merrier.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Yes short leash would no doubt be preferable in such a situation, particularly if you enter the pit area where vehicles are constantly on the move.

Hope you enjoy your visit there and bring some friends, the more the merrier.

I will.

I usually go in the secret entrance. I like the upper straightaway and turn 8
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

Upper area of the course is definitely the place to be for the action. Been going since I was very young and have to say it's one of the cooler events in town. Weather is looking interesting for the weekend - hopefully forecasted rain goes around us.
cstishenko

Post by cstishenko »

gman313 wrote:I usually go in the secret entrance. I like the upper straightaway and turn 8

http://www.knoxmtnhillclimb.ca/index.htm
Did you know that proceeds from visitors park passes each year go towards kids cancer?
You just told us that you skip the entrance fee. Do you also go in the back door at movies? Many of the organizers have out of pocket expenses to put it on each year.

Even if you go in the secret entrance, consider stopping by and making a donation. With a donation, you are also entered in a draw for a ride up the hill in a Porsche GT car at 90% of race speed. They draw multiple people throughout the weekend. As someone who has done this - if your name gets pulled… It's so worth it!
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

I definitely agree with the above - I snuck in one year when I was a teenager and hung out at turn 7 all weekend. The people there were so nice, offering me food and water cause I was just showing up with nothing and staying all day to watch. Ever since I always pay because well a. you're supposed to and b. I feel good supporting the program.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Support is much appreciated and to be honest there aren't many places where you can entertain yourself for $15 a day.

The only other thing I would add is for those who wander about the hill to check out various vantage points, please please pay heed to the track workers. We're simply there to keep you safe and if we ask you to leave certain areas it's purely because the location is known to be hazardous and a crash zone at times.

If it was OK to spectate from any old location there wouldn't be any need to place upwards of 100 volunteers in various areas.

Food for thought.... if the perfect spot you found happens to be directly in line with the end of a straightaway where some vehicles could be doing upwards of 160kph then have to brake for a hairpin turn, imagine the outcome if said vehicle lost its brakes or steering. We have to assume the worst and prevent spectators from becoming road kill in such a situation.

We love your support but at the same time wish to ensure you remain alive and well to come back next year. 8-)
django
Board Meister

Post by django »

Letting the spectators get up close makes it more fun for everyone.

DasCoupe

Post by DasCoupe »

No dogs allowed (on leash) *bleep* me right off.

I can sneak in the back way and not have to pay AND bring my dogs in no problem... But if I want to pay, I can't bring my dog in.

I know what I'll be doing next year :thumbsdown:
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Sorry to hear that and rest assured I shall be mentioning that issue to organizers ahead of next years event.

The logic escapes me as I know participating entrants who camp there bring their dogs, and there was no shortage of dogs on the hill.

I hope it simply boils down to an error on the part of the person collecting entrance fees.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

They were letting dogs in at the top no problem. There were five or six just in my area.

And yes I stopped and paid at the bottom gate on the way out.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”