Babcock hired as Leafs' new coach

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Straight Shooter
Board Meister

Re: Babcock hired as Leafs' new coach

Post by Straight Shooter »

I'm still not sure on what the Leafs mean by changing the core of the Leafs players which they promised they would do. Their goal-tending have been inconsistent with Bernier and Reimer looking great one night and terrible the next. Ottawa have a surplus of goalies on their roster and will be looking to unload at least two of them but Edmonton may be the front runner in acquiring Anderson. But getting back to the Leafs, I will be surprised if Kessel is not moved and Lupul remains a question mark because of his freakish injury problems and possibly his contract may be bought out. Kadri, I hope remains because of his natural talent and gritty play and JVR will not be going anywhere as with Phaneuf. Jake Gardner would fit in nice with the Canuck in return for Kevin Beiska who the Leafs would love to have and finally Mike Richards would look great in a Leaf uniform if a deal can be made with the Kings but it will all depend on cap space availability.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Babcock hired as Leafs' new coach

Post by GordonH »

Randy Carlyle & Peter Horachek put up with far to much crap from the players, those players are in for rude awakening.
l will be watching to see the changes, I suspect Mike will be looking at what Marlies in way of goaltending as well other areas.
With a 8 year contract Mike knows this will not be overnight, fans will see the steps in right direction. They have waited this long, I'm sure they will give Mike time needed. Of course when Babcock took over Red Wings they already had the talent, that Scotty put together with Ken Holland.
This time it pretty damn close from scratch.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”