2015 Women's World Cup Football/Soccer

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: 2015 Women's World Cup Football/Soccer

Post by GordonH »

Agree, Japan cannot let US to go up 3 nothing. If that happens US will play defence the rest of the game, which would completely shutdown Japan.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Oops, spoke to soon. IMO game is over for Japan
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Yep and a 4th the larger lady is warming up her vocal cords now. :-)
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Wow, of course only real challenge Japan had going to finals was England.

Added later: Hope Solo does not get a shutout, maybe the only bright spot for Japan.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Congratulations to the USA Team for 2015 Women's World Cup Champions
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Was a great tournament to watch. Congrats Team USA
Life is too sho......
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Wow, don't know if Japan was asleep for the first 15 minutes of the game, were overconfident, or if there's something wrong with how the pools were set up. I think it was a foregone conclusion that the US would win the tournament, but I didn't expect them to embarrass Japan like that. That goal from center field was just insane - you would think a 12 year old could have stopped that as long as they were paying attention. Talk about misplaying a shot. It would have been interesting to hear what the Japanese coach said to his players at half time.

Great tournament though except for some of the officiating which was truly awful at times.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

techrtr wrote:Wow, don't know if Japan was asleep for the first 15 minutes of the game, were overconfident, or if there's something wrong with how the pools were set up. I think it was a foregone conclusion that the US would win the tournament, but I didn't expect them to embarrass Japan like that. That goal from center field was just insane - you would think a 12 year old could have stopped that as long as they were paying attention. Talk about misplaying a shot. It would have been interesting to hear what the Japanese coach said to his players at half time.

Great tournament though except for some of the officiating which was truly awful at times.

The only part of soccer that I despise is all the diving either by barely being bumped or trying put one by official/ref.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

techrtr wrote:Wow, don't know if Japan was asleep for the first 15 minutes of the game, were overconfident, or if there's something wrong with how the pools were set up. I think it was a foregone conclusion that the US would win the tournament, but I didn't expect them to embarrass Japan like that. That goal from center field was just insane - you would think a 12 year old could have stopped that as long as they were paying attention. Talk about misplaying a shot. It would have been interesting to hear what the Japanese coach said to his players at half time.

That was an amazing goal conceded, especially in the final of a World Cup.

It didn't have as much to do with not paying attention as it did with the Japanese goalkeeper being completely out of position. She was too far forward, away from the goal line, to react and the shot by the US player was on point. It was a great shot at an opportune moment that was almost flukey.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Actual goalies many times will move up field when the ball is in the other teams area (as to be an extra defender). Its a risk to do so.

Added: reason those watch via TV don't see it because camera is where the ball is.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

GordonH wrote:^^^ Actual goalies many times will move up field when the ball is in the other teams area (as to be an extra defender). Its a risk to do so.

Added: reason those watch via TV don't see it because camera is where the ball is.

And you're absolutely right. Its not an unusual position for the goalkeeper, but that's why I really thought it was flukey. All of the variables aligned with a perfect shot and we saw what happened.

I was actually at the game yesterday at BC Place. Great crowd.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Congrats to team USA.

They deserved it.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”